+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *spin off* where do you buy your kids uniforms?

The 'School fees' thread got me thinking about where everyone buuys their uniforms.

Im not talking the school shirts/jackets with logos, im talking the generic bottoms...shorts, skorts, pants etc

I have bought the woven skorts from best and less in the past and found the quality ok for the price. I found the elastic tends to wear pretty quickly.

The Kmart ones while cheapest, look like they would fall apart after one wash. I did usually by a few $4 pairs of trackies from kmart for the winter though, plus a couple of jazz pants from best and less.

Im going to try the netball type skort this year from big w. They look like decent quality and are $8 in the sales.

Where do you buy yours from and whats the quality vs cost? Target, best and less, big w, Kmart??

I need shorts this year for DS too and never bought shorts or boy pants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Unfortunately our school doesn't allow any generic stuff but if they did id be looking at target as i find their clothing quality to be better than bigw & kmart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My daughter's school is the local public school and has just transitioned to a new uniform and this year it will be enforced which means no cheap shirts or shorts etc. The school used to have the uniforms sold at lowes but they used to increase prices all the time so the school actually has its own uniform shop at the school. They are made by a woman. First time in ages I've actually seen "made in Australia" on the tags of clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best and Less is great for generic shorts, skorts and hats

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've bought from Kmart big w target and rebel sport so far I find the navy blue sell very quickly so when I find something I buy it

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have some skorts (netball skirt with bike pants attached) from both Kmart and Big W. They have lasted over a year, and I don't need to buy any for either of my girls this year.

I get tracksuit pants from either Target, Kmart or Big W. My DD10 likes the yoga sort of track pants.

Their green jumpers I get from either Target or Big W as they seem to last longer and stay fluffier on the inside.

My DD is going into band this year and needs some black dress pants so I need to hunt down those from somewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Uniform shop at the school. The uniforms are really good quality so I don't mind paying the money. Ds2 has got the shorts and tops that ds1 has outgrown and wore for 3 years, no colour fading or stains. Catholic school, the shirts are specific with an emblem so couldn't buy them elsewhere anyway.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 04-01-2015 at 19:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I usually get the kids stubbies from big w, have got them from target in the past as well. At the back to school sales they are usually half price (around $12), so heaps cheaper than purchasing from the school and they are better quality then kmart shorts or the likes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Target and Best and Less for shorts/skorts and white polo shirts. I want to check our Big W as well this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    we get plain skivvies, trackies, skorts, shorts and wide brim hats from target. i buy leggings for under school dresses from cotton on for my daughter. i buy hair accessories in school colours from priceline pharmacies and cheap as chips.