+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I had a couple of drinks when I was pregnant. I also ate whatever I usually would (when I could stomach food) and did things on the list of 'not recommended to do when pregnant'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope never touch a drop. (I make a rule that as soon as I start an IVF cycle I refrain from any alcohol.) I see it as such a short time in your life to go without, it's really not a big deal to me. Don't get me wrong, tempting as it is, I would love to smash down a cold beer on a hot afternoon or have a glass of wine with dinner but I don't

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No not a drop. I'm normally a regular drinker and like a wine at dinner but we did ivf so I kinda knew not to drink so I stayed alcohol free during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First time around, I had nothing until about 20 weeks and then a half glass of wine with dinner about 3 times over the rest of the pregnancy.

This time, I'm currently drinking a small glass of cider...probably about 0.5 standard drinks. At nearly 18 weeks, it's the first alcohol I've had apart from a sip of DP's cider at Christmas.
    Last edited by Renn; 04-01-2015 at 19:45. Reason: clarity

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drank before i knew we were preg. But made the choice not to drink after

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did You Drink Alcohol While Pregnant?

I did on New Years but I didn't know I was pregnant at the time. I won't be touching it for the rest of my pregnancy

... Also taking up smoking to ensure a 'smaller baby'?!? No words for that!
    Last edited by grace; 04-01-2015 at 20:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only before I found out I was pregnant! We weren't actively trying and I would've been 2-3 weeks when I did have a glass of champagne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Only before I found out, then not a drop. Although, my pregnancy was stressful at times and wanted to have a glass, my ob suggested chocolate instead of a drink! So I stuck to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not for 2 years TTC, Pregnancy and them BF.... 4 years without a drink ;-)

I don't during very often anyway, so I probably only skipped 10 drinks in that time LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    If you're comfortable to share, and I definitely will not pass judgement on anybody who has.

Since becoming pregnant and telling family and friends our news I've had quite a few people come up to me and tell me that I shouldn't be doing anything different to what I would normally do while not pregnant, including drinking.

It's mostly from an older generation, MIL even told me that I should have a glass of wine a night to relax and that I should take up smoking again to ensure a smaller baby because it worked for her (even though DF was prem and had multiple complications after birth).

So has anyone on the hub drunk alcohol while pregnant?
    I would have a small glass of wine or half a cider maybe once a month if that with ds as I craved it, with dd I didn't but I also didn't eat things I shouldn't with her with my ds I ate what I wanted