+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids have always shared I have two boys in one room (5 and 8 and a half months ) and two girls in the other (7 and 10)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My boys have a 2yr8month age gap. We had the youngest in with us until he was about 10 or 11 months and then the boys shared a room. He was still waking once a night at that point but the 3 year old just slept through it and it wasn't a problem and we probably could've had them sharing earlier. The 3yr old doesn't have day sleeps so naps weren't a problem for us. My boys love sharing a room and it is working really well for us.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    .... We put our boys in together for the same reasons. We wanted to keep a guest room/study and were waking the baby when we went to bed (we started having conversations in the ensuite so we didn't disturb him!) A 3 year old will almost certainly sleep through a baby crying, they can sleep through fire alarms! I'd just try them together and see how it goes. We didn't have enough room for a feeding chair so I just sat on the end of my oldest boy's bed to feed the youngest if he woke or would take him to the lounge. And we had enough room in our bathroom for the change table so we have our bedroom back which is nice.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My eldest 2 shared from the time the youngest of the pair was 8 months until he was 2.5. He was still waking overnight initially and the eldest (2y3m) gap wasn't worried. We have just split them because the eldest needs his own space to escape to.

My middle and youngest now share they are 4.5m and 2y4m. Youngest wakes overnight and goes to bed later than middle. Middle doesn't wake to it.

I think that there is nothing wrong with sharing. I'm damn certain that when dh's great-great-uncle and his 11 children lived in the house they would have shared and no-one killed each other!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great. Thanks heaps for all of your responses. I will have a chat with hubby tonight. It's going to be a big move as we'll be switching all 3 rooms around so boys can the master bedroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I won't be putting our second (still imaginary) in with dd until it is at least 1 (and sleeping through). I wouldn't want dd being woken by a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't but that's just me. We have 3 bedroom + study, with DD and DS having their own rooms. The new bean will be with us for a while, then we will convert the study into his bedroom. My kids def would not sleep through a baby waking several times a night and would really disturb their sleep. I probably won't move DS2 in with DS1 until around 2 so we can get the study back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    My boys are 3 years apart and have been sharing since DS2 moved into a cot out of the bassinet (which was in our room). He has never slept through and is almost 2.
    DS1 has only woken once or twice on really really bad nights.
    We have no other option though so they have to share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put dd1 & dd2 together when dd2 was 12 months & sleeping through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I very recently weaned my 20month old and he has started mainly sleeping through the night so we decided it was time to put our boys in the same room and have our room back! We are only 3 nights in, we had to get DS1 out of the toddler bed and into the king single so DS2 could be in the toddler bed. It's going ok. Both boys have been waking once overnight and for the most part not disturbing each other which is good.

The worst part is trying to get both to sleep at the same time. Ds1 was finally at the stage where we could say goodnight and he'd go to sleep whereas DS2 still needs me there to hold his hand and pat him to sleep. Now DS1 thinks it's Christmas time because he can talk to me lol but it's early days still.