+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Room sharing

Hi!
    When did your kids start room sharing? I'm wanting to put my 7 month old in a room with his 3 year old brother in the next few months. 7 month old still feeds a couple time a night so would put the rocking chair in there. 3 year old still naps. Am I crazy?? Is it too early?Any tips to make this work?
    Thanks 😊😊😊

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Room sharing

I put dd2 into dd1 room when she was 12/13months she slept through the night as did dd1 and they both had afternoon naps at the same time :-) it worked really well they shared up until a few months ago they are now 8&6 :-)

I think that's too young and if he is still waking it will disrupt your oldest

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

jodieleigh78  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Why would you put a toddler in with a baby who still wakes overnight?? Eeekkkkkk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't personally put them in together yet I don't think. Unless you are pretty confident that your 3 year old is a really deep sleeper and won't be disturbed? Maybe some white noise in there to minimize the disruptions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 and dd2 were room sharing from the day dd2 was born, dd1 was not quite 3. Dd1 is a very heavy sleeper so was nevee disturbed by dd2 waking (she woke every 45 mins for the first 6 weeks). Dd2 has also turned out to be a very heavy sleeper.

Dd3 however is a very light sleeper so couldn't share a room with dd4. Although while on holidays recently they had to share and didnt have any issues surprisingly. They are 2.5 and nearly 8 months though and dd4 sleeps through. Day time was a bit hit and miss as dd3 takes a while to settle for her dayday sleep so dd4 just slept in the lounge during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way would I put a waking baby in with a toddler!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id wait till the baby is sleeping more solidly overnight.
    Is there a pressing reason to move them in together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I guess the only way you will know if it will work is to try- maybe give it a week or so and see?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD started sharing room at 1 years old with DS 2.5 at the time.
    DD still woke up 2-3 times a night and she didn't wake up DS at all. It's like he's immune to her cries.
    Once in a blue moon she'll wake him up bit he goes back to sleep pretty much straight away.
    They are now 2 and 3.5 and still shared a room and I have noticed they sleep much better together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I'd like to move him from our room as we're waking him when we go to bed or do anything in the room.
    We have a spare room but was hoping to not have to use it and for him to go straight in with his brother. My mum sleeps in there when visiting and we're needing to set up a study area this year.
    I'm now thinking a few months in the spare room may be a better idea. Mum can go on the couch and study area can temporarily move.