+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH was a lowly minion for a large national company. When he was employed someone, somehow decided he should be a salary employee, not a wage earned like the rest of the minions. So come Christmas time a few years back he got invited to the 'salary earners' Christmas party with all the big wigs. We were put up in a hotel for the night (those who weren't local were also given free flights), a taxi to the venue, professional photog on arrival which was available for collection before leaving, champagne, imported beers and canapés before a massive 3 course meal and all the spirits you could drink. They also had live entertainment from some b-list bands and comedians.

The rest of the minions were given a few slabs of beer to share and a sausage sizzle on the last day of work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Bit sexist- plenty of women would love a carton of beer!
    That is true. They were usually handed to department heads and shared amongst their workers. I didn't really have a 'department' and had my own office away from the shop-front. So no one saw much of me, or thought to share their spoils with me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Goodness, pregnancy discrimination is terrible! Hope you took it further!
    I work for Vic government and have never experienced pregnancy discrimination. They hired me while pregnant, accept that I can't do some of my jobs while pregnant and give me prenatal leave. Once back at work they are awesome with breaks for expressing and have even given me permission to take my child in a work vehicle to training courses in the city (using cc down there) because I can't leave him home because I bf.

Now, back on topic - I don't get a Christmas present because it's against policy. However we make sure we have a training meeting just before Christmas so we can at least have a lunch all together.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What did your employer buy you for christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    For those that did not receive a gift, are you employed full time and have you been with the company very long?
    I received nothing but I work in the public sector so dont expect a Xmas gift, it wouldn't be fair. In lieu of a party or gift, my employer lets everyone go home (within reason) a couple of hours early on Xmas and NYE.

That said I always get my employees gifts (I pay) just to say thanks as it's a pretty dynamic and often stressful environment. This year I hand made some goodies and combined it with wine and a card (x 10). It's important for people to feel valued by their employers and it's a nice excuse to say thanks and be generous!

I've been with my current employer 11 years and work semi-full time hours since having DD.
    Last edited by MsViking; 04-01-2015 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    -christmas bonus
    -a beautiful gold braclet
    -big company dinner party with meals and alcohol provided 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I bought the girls in the office handbags, the boys remote control boats ( DH idea and they loved them!) plus took them out to a nice restaurant with partners
    I'm a girl but I would have preferred the remote control boat!

I got a hamper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work for myself, so nothing lol.

DHs work shouted us to an amazing Japanese dinner; it was great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing I work for the state government, no Christmas party and not even a thank you from my manager.
    Last edited by smeekyone; 05-01-2015 at 07:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    bloody hell!! What state? I work for a public hospital and all they did was send up extra meals on christmas day for us to eat.

Christmas party we had to pay for.
    wa

Thanks
    Reviews
    A gift card. For the company i work for. Needless to say considering i have no interest in auto gear or tools i was disappointed. Would gave rathered nothing

ETA disappointed as for the past 7 years it has been to coles myer and we needed that for formula that week.
    As for Christmas party. The parttimer who organised it said i wasnt "eligible" to go as i went on maternity leave 4 weeks prior. It was in a public place 😕
    Last edited by MummaCat; 04-01-2015 at 21:59.