+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bottle of rum and a $50 bonus. Considering I work casually 2 days per week and only have for 3-4 months I was quite surprised I was receiving anything. Thought it was because its the in laws business but another casual got the same.
    Also got a few presents from customers which was lovely.
    Its a fantastic place to work and I'll miss it when I have bub as I won't be able to go back there unless I go full time which I don't want. Working there I can see they need a full time person and there were never plans for me to go back after bub as this job was to help them and me after I lost my job while pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $100 gift card and a giant umbrella with the company logo on it.

I feel a bit weird about it - it's been our gift for the last few years, but this year we have been in some financial strife and it seems odd to give 100 employees a substantial gift when we're in the red.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SeymourTheBear For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We got gift bags filled with the products that some of the parents make in thier small businesses. Things like a wallet, teas and a tea infuser as well as a voucher for a spray tan. It was pretty special. I work in child care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing. I'm government also - we also have to pay for our own Xmas party!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only been with my current employer for 6 months (full time) so wasn't expecting anything but was very pleasantly surprised to receive a very large gourmet hamper and a substantial $$bonus (= about 2 weeks pay). We also got taken out for dinner (with partners) to a restaurant of our choice where everything was paid for.
    The added bonus is that my employer is fabulous to work for even without these generous gifts...
    My previous employer used to give $150 Coles Myer vouchers.
    DH got a ham.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Dh got a car fridge for his work car.
    Dd got a first aid kit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I received Chocolates and a nice lunch out from my awesome employers. Hubby works for State Government (I did previously as well) and gets an extra paid day off (but shafted in so many otherways.....lucky if they supply hot water for your cuppa-certainly no tea bags or milk) He used to get a Ham and a gift voucher for the company he worked for before that. Before kids, I worked for a big logistics company and we got a great Christmas party and gift vouchers.
    Last edited by Beljane; 04-01-2015 at 14:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in a male dominated industry. We're only small, and I'm the only female. Other businesses we deal with regularly always drop in cartons of beer for the boys. On one occasion my boss was given a bottle of champagne. He came into my office to gripe about being given champagne because he doesn't drink it and that he'd have to take it to a friends place and hope they drink it.

Nah, it's 'right pal. I didn't just bust my @rse this year. Give your champagne to someone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissusMac View Post
    I work in a male dominated industry. We're only small, and I'm the only female. Other businesses we deal with regularly always drop in cartons of beer for the boys. On one occasion my boss was given a bottle of champagne. He came into my office to gripe about being given champagne because he doesn't drink it and that he'd have to take it to a friends place and hope they drink it.

Nah, it's 'right pal. I didn't just bust my @rse this year. Give your champagne to someone else.
    Bit sexist- plenty of women would love a carton of beer!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

MissusMac  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default What did your employer buy you for christmas?

From the director I got a Swarovski pen, and from the managers I got two Village Movie passes (which DP and I have already used).

For our Xmas party they took us and our spouses to see Grease at the theatre including cocktail dinner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast