+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    OMG seriously???? 😦😦😦😦
    Babies can learn to take bigger feeds if they are spaced further apart. If you have a snack feeder then they will feed more often (what a pain in the ****). Does this mean parents shouldn't feed a distressed or obviously starving hungry bub? Or not look at their own situation and make a judgement call on that? No of course not.

But hey it's much more easier (and fun?) to take a swipe at a parenting style (or whatever) when people cherry pick the exciting bits and then fail to put them into context.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TableDancer View Post
    You may find too that if you push out time between feeds during the day night waking for feeds will increase
    This is what happened for us. We didn't 'push out' DS's feeds as such, more just let him go until he started giving his hungry cues, which could be 4-5 hours during the day. When we did that he went from sleeping for 8 hours through the night to waking every few hours. When we went back to feeding him every 2-3 hours during the day he slept well overnight again. By 5 months he was sleeping 11 hours overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is an area you and I will always disagree on VP and that's fine.

However if the op wants to avoid the responses of people shocked or saddened by SOS methods of forcing a 12 week old baby to go longer between feeds it shouldn't be in the celebrate breastfeeding section.
    Yup. This isn't celebrating bf.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    This is an area you and I will always disagree on VP and that's fine.

However if the op wants to avoid the responses of people shocked or saddened by SOS methods of forcing a 12 week old baby to go longer between feeds it shouldn't be in the celebrate breastfeeding section.
    Perhaps it could have been placed in another section, I would argue that it still sort of fits in this one as the main question is related to breastfeeding. Either way it's still the celebrating breatfeeding section - adding an SOS element doesn't mean that you shouldn't offer advice without the highly judgmental (and I will add ill informed) undertone (....."Shocked or saddened... Forced... " Trying to take my job as a Soapie script writer? ) god forbid someone wants to use a nipple shield if you're against that!
    Last edited by VicPark; 04-01-2015 at 20:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Yup. This isn't celebrating bf.
    Just because it's not breastfeeding Atropos or BTMAC style doesn't mean it's not worthy of a little respect ... Celebration and freedom from snide comments... (Not saying you did that).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Perhaps it could have been placed in another section, I would argue that it still sort of fits in this one as the main question is related to breastfeeding. Either way it's still the celebrating breatfeeding section - adding an SOS element doesn't mean that you can't offer advice without the highly judgmental (and I will add ill informed) undertone (....."Shocked or saddened... Forced... " Trying to take my job as a Soapie script writer? ) god forbid someone wants to use a nipple shield if you're against that!
    People are allowed to have opinions VP, it ain't illegal! How about we let the OP take what she wants from this thread without taking it totally OT?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (05-01-2015),btmacxxx  (04-01-2015),LoveLivesHere  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    OP: sorry for detailing. happy to offer you advice on the breastfeeding with a routine if you're still interested. Will need a little more detail though.

Happy to swap ideas either in this thread or via pm if you don't want to deal with the judgement of others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    People are allowed to have opinions VP, it ain't illegal! How about we let the OP take what she wants from this thread without taking it totally OT?
    Wondering why you picked my post to respond to as opposed to ... Say a certain snide judgmental post which was not what the OP asked for and not in the spirit of the thread or section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Wondering why you picked my post to respond to as opposed to ... Say a certain snide judgmental post which was not what the OP asked for and not in the spirit of the thread or section?
    Oh, I'm not doing this tonight. As you were, folks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pushing out feeds...

No offense VP, but you hopped into a thread about moms embracing their baby not being a perfect sleeper and passed judgement, saying our attitude was dangerous to new mums. You can't keep getting your undies in a twist about others opinions about SOS but be happy to shoot others down in other threads as well.

OP, if you want a gentler way of 'pushing out feeds' you could try increasing the length between feeds by 10 minutes every few days. I did this and it worked, but looking back that's also when he started waking more in the night.

Around 5 months he started being able to stay awake longer and giving me more time to get out.

Eta: I started stretching out feeds to try to fit into a certain routine and it did, in hind site, make our nights worse.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 04-01-2015 at 20:54.