+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have only one dress and one sports uniform for dd who starts prep this year. Ds just has two pairs of shorts and two polos and they do him fine.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I might just get 2 day and one sports to stay with and then get a couple more in the next couple of pays. I haven't bought shoes or books yet and need to pay car registration and get the car serviced and new tyres. Grrrrr.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm planning on buying 3 or 4 for DS (starts prep this year). Which reminds me, I need to do it to soon.

Is the prep uniform different to the other grades uniforms at your school?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I'm planning on buying 3 or 4 for DS (starts prep this year). Which reminds me, I need to do it to soon.

No. Our school has the same uniform which is good because I hope to get a couple of years out of the uniforms I get for her.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got ds#2 who starts this year; 3 x shorts and 5x shirts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I buy the kids 5 sets so they have ohe for each day of the week. It saves me doing extra loads of washing throughout the week and i find the uniforms last them 2 years so i definitely get my monies worth.

Also for bottoms, unless they are school specific (logo embroided or the likes), you can usually get them for half the cost at big w or target at the beginning of the year during the back to school sales.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post

Our uniform is the same the whole way through except for the grade 6's (they get a special uniform just for grade 6 which is ridiculous considering they have to buy a new uniform for high school :/)

When i bought dd7's prep uniform it was great knowing that dd5 was coming behind and whatever I bought would get 4 years use! When does your DS2 start prep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd has got 5 polos, 2 dresses, 2 pairs of shorts and 3 pairs of pants. I want to get her a few bigger polos because 2 of them wont fit her this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 usually.
    For DS1 he grew out of his uniform at the start of year 6, so I only bought 2 shirts/shorts. Mostly it was ok because he's a clean kid but sometimes it was a pain.
    My younger 2 kids gets lots of hand-me-downs from school friends, so they do have around 5 uniforms now, but IMO it's just not necessary.

3 is good.
    Oh and I always went to the second hand shop and bought one extra to put in the bottom of their school bag, along with a pair of undies and socks. I wouldn't bother buying a new uniform for that, they've barely seen the light of day, usually just DD's for nosebleeds.

One sports uniform is enough for primary.
    I've got 2 for high school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last year DS had 5, a uniform per day. Of that the break down was, one set brand new formal uniform winter and summer, one set brand new sports uniform winter and summer. Then the other two formal uniforms were second hand as with the sports (though we only had one pair of shorts all year due to loosing some moving house grr!)

Personally I couldn't do only one uniform as trying to get those shorts dry in between days was the bane of my existence all year.

Check out your school pool and any buy swap sell sites for your area. Items that can cost $30+ new cost only $4 from the pool here and they are in great condition for the littler sizes.