+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centrelink, seperated under the same roof advice

My daughters father and I broke up about 2 years ago. I live on my own and receive the single parenting payments from centrelink. About 6 months ago we slept together for first time in ages and I got pregnant. He is now wanting to move in but live in seperate bedroom and help with our 3 year old and new baby when she gets here. However, he only wants to pay rent not to financially support us. Does anyone know if we would be able to get the seperated under the same roof payments? I cant afford to stop getting centrelink. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm going to be honest. I know it's not the question you asked, but I'd be running a mile from that situation. Unless you mean split rent + still pay c/s. If he means move in and only pay his share of rent then I'd run very very fast and far.

On your original question, I'd discuss it with c/l. I think him not paying c/s will affect your FTB (I think?).
    Anyway, yeah.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think you may struggle to get CL to approve this. From their eyes this situation would set off the suss radar big time. You have a baby, break up and are getting SPP. You then get pg by him again and you want him to move in but still get full payments.

Of course there are plenty of genuine cases, yours included. And I have heard of CL approving, but not after another baby has been conceived. Not saying they won't approve but be prepared to be really investigated.

As to your ex, I'm going to agree with Jenna here. He gets you pg again, wants to move in (and save on rent/utilities by sharing) but doesn't want to support his kids? Charming

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (03-01-2015),Nemmi1987  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Speak to centrelink but i think you will not find it easy to keep your payments in this situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah not applying for child support affects ypur ftb.

I've seen those forms and the questions are full on. They ask you how each of ypu will deal with expenses and children. Its not easy

They would be suss if he was just paying rent. Why wpuls you accept him only paying rent? What about other bills?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I imagine Centrelink would be very suss on this.
    Is he going to pay half the bills, child support?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    To answer just the child support part, you need to definitely contact child support and you can state that you have come to a private agreement and that will satisfy Centrelink. However it means they also will not chase your ex for non-payment in the future if you guys ever go down that path.

I'd say this will be a hard sell. Is your FOBS speaking about living together permanently or just while the Bub is little? It seems like this arrangement has lots of emotional pitfalls, tbh. Is this what you want?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by jessie44 View Post
    My daughters father and I broke up about 2 years ago. I live on my own and receive the single parenting payments from centrelink. About 6 months ago we slept together for first time in ages and I got pregnant. He is now wanting to move in but live in seperate bedroom and help with our 3 year old and new baby when she gets here. However, he only wants to pay rent not to financially support us. Does anyone know if we would be able to get the seperated under the same roof payments? I cant afford to stop getting centrelink. Thanks
    Do mean just rent?

In other words you supporting him.

Or half of the rent, electricity, Internet, phone, food plus pay child support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please don't emotionally put yourself through this. As hard and harsh as this sounds you're either together or not.

No experience but Personally I don't think you can get away with it.

If he's the father of the child, living under the same roof and contributing to living expenses and helping raise his children, even if you're not together you are together. There's been proof in the past you've had a sexual relationship ( resulting in the children) so who's to say you don't have more moments of passion. I don't see how it can been seen any other way. The fact a child was also conceived whilst "separated" also indicates there's a high chance of a relapse.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I did this with my ex for a couple of months 2.5 years ago when he was kicked out of his apartment, Centrelink approved it. I think if you're being honest and have nothing to hide then it can be done. Be aware though that you may need to get third parties to verify it and they may do spot checks including visits to your home.