+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The difference is with bikie gangs you are more likely to die if you are directly involved with the ****bags either through drug use/dealage or by shacking up with a bikie. Terrorism randomly but with calculation targets people not directly involved with the ****bag industry.
    So I guess you want me to research all the innocent deaths/ injuries then ( as previously mentioned) that had no association, that just happened to be at the mall/ pub/ festival/ walking down the street?
    I'll do it in the morning off to bed now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laurie Starling

Milperra massacre- 6 sea bikies, 1 dead bystander, 28 wounded

2012 Robina Town Centre shooting

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/b...-1226690598400

Not to mention the countless stories that don't make the news, like my mil who was followed home from work one night by a bikie gang- reason for it she parked infront of a rival gangs club house as there was no other space in the street to park. They were sorry when they found out she was an innocent but mistaken identity often happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    Who are you to tell people what they can and cant be afraid of?
    Please show me where I have said they can't be afraid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I just said it is irrational to be more afraid of terrorism than other things that pose more of a risk to your life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning all
    I never thought conversations about terrorism would find their way even to this forum. I would agree with big red that the threat of terrorism has been exaggerated for the benefit is the media and the political elite. The people are more likely to consume and give consent to less freedom if I'm constant fear.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry but to be afraid of 20 or so people in a population of over 23 million when there are so many other organised crime gangs OR crazy individuals that HAVE injured of killed many innocent people is very irrational.
    We need to be alert but not afraid of all not just a VERY small group

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

nasserkat  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Geez I would hate to have been one your children when they were afraid of the dark, or god forbid, a monster under the bed!

Honestly, i dont live my life in fear. Im not scared to leave the house. Im not stressed 24/7. However some people are and suffer from REAL anxieties! Coming along and tut tutting, acting like we are all ignorant and uneducated on your high horse of strength and rantionalism does not help anyone to feel safe an is definitely NOT helpful.

How about showing some kindness and empathy. Not "do you realise" (<- insert *****y tone there) or researching all the reasons why your right and we are wrong. Seriously. All that does is gets peoples backs up.

I used to be petrified there was something under my bed, and my Mum used to look under there from my point of view and then be calm and tell me not to worry, to look and see theres nothing there...not go 'STOP BEING SO UNEDUCATED AND IRRATIONAL IM GOING ON WIKI TO TELL YOU WHY YOUR ALL WRONG'.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As women, we are at far greater risk of being killed by someone we have a domestic relationship with than we do from a terror attack. One woman every week is killed. How do you avoid this? Be single, avoid all male family members, leave the state and change your name so no exes can find you?
    Yet the government and the media ignores a lot of that and bangs on about the terror threat.
    I don't think Big Red or anyone else is telling anyone what they can or can't fear- just that there are far greater threats out there than the terrorism one that is the most prominent in the media at the moment.
    Last edited by Atropos; 04-01-2015 at 08:37.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (04-01-2015),HollyGolightly81  (04-01-2015),maternidade  (04-01-2015),MsViking  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    Geez I would hate to have been one your children when they were afraid of the dark, or god forbid, a monster under the bed!
    You do realize there is a big difference between an adult and a kid's brain don't you?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (04-01-2015),HollyGolightly81  (04-01-2015),Lincolns mummy  (04-01-2015),maternidade  (04-01-2015),snowqu33n  (05-01-2015)