+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    So do you go walking around alone outside at 1am and feel completely safe? Or leave your door unlocked every night?

Even though you think it might not happen to you, you still always actively take precautions in regards to your safety.
    No, people generally don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    Regardless of whether you fear them or not - once somebody makes a decision to partake in fighting with the Islamic State over in Syria - they should never be allowed back. I don't care if they are a risk to the public or not or how closely they are being monitored.
    I disagree. People can be sucked into propaganda. The Islamic state are very good at this. Also, you can't render someone stateless. But, there have been 120 people killed by islamic state who wanted to return to their countries after fighting with islamic state.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 03-01-2015 at 11:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    So do you go walking around alone outside at 1am and feel completely safe? Or leave your door unlocked every night?

Even though you think it might not happen to you, you still always actively take precautions in regards to your safety.
    I am usually sleeping at 1am but when I lived in London 10-15 years ago where threats and bombings from IRA were very real, I walked everywhere at all hours of the morning. Sometimes I did this alone. I have no issues walking around my neighbourhood alone in the dark, which I have done many times.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

Tragic accidents happen all the time, and these are much more dangerous to you than terrorism in this country.
    I guess i find 'tragic accidents happen' easier to accept then someone purposely taking my life from me when im going about my day. Im a rape survivor, was that a tragic accident too? Just because you are so rational and headstrong doesnt mean everyone else needs to be.

I wonder how the families of those killed in the siege would feel about 'accidents being more dangerous'. To me they are a completely seperate issue and shouldnt be compared to being cautious about the unpredictable actions of another human. As i said in a PP, it is all about perception and experience.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (03-01-2015),Niki24  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am usually sleeping at 1am but when I lived in London 10-15 years ago where threats and bombings from IRA were very real, I walked everywhere at all hours of the morning. Sometimes I did this alone. I have no issues walking around my neighbourhood alone in the dark, which I have done many times.
    And some of us have had bad experiences walking around alone, therefore take precautions in regards to our safety now.

The OP is just as entitled to feel worried about this as you are entitled not too. No amount of bashing your opinion down our throats will change that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (03-01-2015),VicPark  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

I guess i find 'tragic accidents happen' easier to accept then someone purposely taking my life from me when im going about my day. Im a rape survivor, was that a tragic accident too? Just because you are so rational and headstrong doesnt mean everyone else needs to be.

I wonder how the families of those killed in the siege would feel about 'accidents being more dangerous'. To me they are a completely seperate issue and shouldnt be compared to being cautious about the unpredictable actions of another human. As i said in a PP, it is all about perception and experience.
    tell the family of these people that they should find it easier to take because it was an accident whilst they were going about their day. How ridiculous.

Cant seem to to paste the article, but a couple "going about their day" killed by a driver in Rozelle. I'm sure their family would be comforted to know that you think their loss isn't as tragic as the siege victims because it wasn't done intentionally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And some of us have had bad experiences walking around alone, therefore take precautions in regards to our safety now.

The OP is just as entitled to feel worried about this as you are entitled not too. No amount of bashing your opinion down our throats will change that.
    i haven't bashed my opinion down anyone's throat. Report it if you think it's rude!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-01-2015),HollyGolightly81  (03-01-2015),MsViking  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

tell the family of these people that they should find it easier to take because it was an accident whilst they were going about their day. How ridiculous.

Cant seem to to paste the article, but a couple "going about their day" killed by a driver in Rozelle. I'm sure their family would be comforted to know that you think their loss isn't as tragic as the siege victims because it wasn't done intentionally.

Rozelle is actually around the corner from my house so i know all about it. And when did i say it was 'less tragic'? I said they shouldnt be compared as they are completely different events.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You said you would find it easier to accept because it was not intentional. Well tell that to the family and friends of those victims.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And yes, they can be compared. You are way more likely to die from many, many things in this country other than terrorism. I haven't said her fear isn't real, but yes, it is s bit irrational when there are hundreds of other more things more likely to cause your death, injury or disability.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (03-01-2015),MsViking  (03-01-2015)