+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where do you spend Christmas and why?

So the last 5 years christmas has been at our house, I absolutely love it but its a LOT of work and I feel that now have two small children cooking for 14 on xmas day I tend to miss out on a lot of things with the kids. We are moving in a couple of months to a smaller house so we are thinking we might go away next christmas and invite the family too and the more the merrier whoever comes.
    Where do you go and why? Is it a particular house or do you go away somewhere?

I know I know christmas has only just gone and im already planning next year!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone done with christmas? ? Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't go away. I come from a very large family and we tend to get together at my parents house and each family (my siblings and I all have families now) brings a dish. This saves my parents having to do all the cooking. Also it's a really great way to get a variety of different things and always interesting to see what people make.

Going away woukd be nice too !

Thanks
    Reviews
    We usually go to parents house or siblings house, we also each bring something so it's not all on 1 person! We went away on Boxing Day for 2 weeks in a unit on the beach!!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    We used to go away when i was a kid. Down to the beach and stayed at a family friend's holiday house. Just my parents, siblings & I.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours varies from year to year.

I have a large extended family and a lot of years we have booked multiple units/cottages at either the Gold or Sunshine Coast for a large family celebration. We then all share shopping and cooking.

My DH is from the UK, so we have also had Xmas over there.

One year our immediate family went to Melbourne for Xmas and we had a lovely lunch at Walters Wine Bar. Other times have been at my parents or mine or my brothers house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We dont go away simply because of my work days. My roster of Monday to Friday requires me at work on all the public holidays unless i get in super early and request time off.

Looking at 2016 to go away as i have christmas off then so will apply for a few weeks holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend it at a relative's place. Usually a different place every year, this year we drove 1800km to my aunty's for 2 weeks. Next year we are staying put and people can come to us if they wish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually with dps family and we do something with my family the next day coz then it's dad's birthday too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyDiversion View Post
    Ours varies from year to year.

I have a large extended family and a lot of years we have booked multiple units/cottages at either the Gold or Sunshine Coast for a large family celebration. We then all share shopping and cooking.

My DH is from the UK, so we have also had Xmas over there.

One year our immediate family went to Melbourne for Xmas and we had a lovely lunch at Walters Wine Bar. Other times have been at my parents or mine or my brothers house.
    Any sunshine coast cottages you can recommend for large families, we will need to book a minimum of 4 maybe as many as 8.