+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default To those who feed to sleep....

Quote Originally Posted by mumofsneeandlace View Post
    I feed to sleep in my bed I don't bother with burping once she is fast asleep I move her to her bed. if I give her a proper full feed at the right time she almost always goes to sleep on the first go.... its only when routine is ruined that she won't sleep.
    I think this is what has happened the last few days he's been awake too long in between some sleeps so falls asleep on the boob before getting a full feed.
    @VicPark, I always have the TV on and DD has my iPad every time I'm feeding or rocking DS to sleep but as soon as I leave the room to put him down or finish settling him in his/my room she runs after me - no amount of distraction stops her. So I tried to settle him completely in his room with the door closed and she's banging at the door screaming. When I left the door open she came in and stated talking loudly and playing with things in the room - all of this while I've left her with the TV, iPad and food.
    @BigRedV I was hoping DS would be one of those babies just like your kids

Last night he finally went to sleep about 9:45 and didn't wake until 4:30, so I don't think it's the 4 month sleep regression yet as surely he wouldn't have had that big stretch of sleep if it was??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Doesn't sound like the 4 month sleep regression yet. How heavy is bub? The regression usually kicks in around 6kg I think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    He's not 6kgs yet.

So I followed the same awake time as usual and fed him, of course he woke and I couldn't rock him to sleep so I just put him down in his basinette about 5 minutes ago.

He's not crying but he's wriggling and has the hiccups and just did a few coughs and is grunting a bit. He has out himself to sleep a few times in the past, so I know he can do it.

He is meant to be having a wonder week so that could be the cause.

I guess my options now are try and feed him again, try and rock him again or get him up. All 3 options I'm sure won't work as he will just get overtired, but I feel there's nothing else I can do.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    If he was happy to wriggle around and grunt, I would have left him until he started to get upset. But, then again I don't know much about teaching a baby to self settle
    How did he go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    He got upset so I went and fed him, he was wide awake so I put him down again. He eventually got upset again so DH went and tried to rock him to sleep but he was wide awake.

We just got him up, and he say in his bouncer happily until he looked really tired again so DH rocked him to sleep and he slept for 3 hours! He did the same yesterday so had a 3 hour sleep in the middle of the day then down at 9:45 for the night.

It has cooled down in Adelaide a bit so we are driving to Nannas house and I think he's asleep so hopefully tonight he won't be so overtired and I can get a good feed into him so he will get to sleep a bit easier.

I can only assume I've been putting him down too early. Either that or it's due to his current wonder week. But he's only 15 weeks old so surely 2 hours awake time is more than enough. Looks like I might need to tweak a few things - trial and error

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I feed dd4 to sleep. Sometimes she is out completely so doesnt wake when put down- she will stir for a couple of seconds so I keep my hand on her back and she settles again straight away. Other times she will wake when i remove the bottle so I always have the dummy on hand and pop it in her mouth and she settles straight away.

Occasionally though she will wake when put down and cry until i get her up again. When this happens, I just keep her up for another 15 mins to half hour depending on how tired she is, feed her then put her back down and 99% of the time she doesn't stir the second time.

Eta- i have been extremely lucky with her sleep wise, she has always been a good sleeper. Even with the dummy she uses it to go to sleep nut once asleep wont wake looking for it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    And put bub down to sleep where you intend bub to wake. Otherwise bub will stir between sleep cycles, think "wtf where am I?" And crack it...
    Haha that's so funny - Dh always says whenever DD wakes up in his arms after she has fallen asleep with me she gives him a look as though to say 'wtf?!'

OP when I am home I try to do the pat and shush but if we are out and about or if DD is over tired and needs the calming effect of feeding to sleep, I try to wait until a sleep cycle has ended and a new one has begun before transferring her anywhere.

It's not foolproof but I find it usually does the job.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

I can only assume I've been putting him down too early. Either that or it's due to his current wonder week. But he's only 15 weeks old so surely 2 hours awake time is more than enough. Looks like I might need to tweak a few things - trial and error
    2 hours is about right according to the law of averages/dr google. What are bubs day naps like and does bub have a 3rd late arvo nap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    2 hours is about right according to the law of averages/dr google. What are bubs day naps like and does bub have a 3rd late arvo nap?
    The last 2 weeks he was doing 2 hours wake, down for 3 hours, another 2 hours awake and down for 3 hours, by that time it was already 4/5:30pm so no time for a nap before bed at roughly 7/8.

So the 2 hours was working an absolute treat until 2 days ago, which is why I'm confused about what's happening and unsure what to do