+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I made it today but didn't get a chance to eat it as dd was very unsettled. Had a taste but it was a bit bland - I'm sure the thermie recipe is better.
    We're having the chicken corn and black bean tortillas tonight I think.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Even with the thermy it was bland. Just tasted like spicy water. Such a shame. I'm currently demolishing the tortillas :-)

I love black beans - I used to make really yummy choc chip cookies using black beans instead of flour. Maybe I'll whip them out some time :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Even with the thermy it was bland. Just tasted like spicy water. Such a shame. I'm currently demolishing the tortillas :-)

I love black beans - I used to make really yummy choc chip cookies using black beans instead of flour. Maybe I'll whip them out some time :-)
    That sounds interesting!!! I'm not Mexican fan so I won't be trying the tortillas. I made a double batch if zucchini pasta for both DH and I. Today I was meant to have the chicken and coconut salad for lunch and zucchini pasta for dinner, but I couldn't be bothered making eh salad at lunch so I had the pasta for lunch and dinner and made the salad for DHs dinner.

Have you tried the berry ice blocks yet @harvs? I had one for arvo tea and one just then after dinner. So yummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I loved the tortillas - had leftovers in a mountain wrap for lunch today! Dinner tonight was the yoghurt and mint chicken skewers with chick pea salad. Very yummy! My DS is turning his nose up at pretty much every meal though

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a recipe on the web page for choc chip chick pea cookies that everyone is raving about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omfg. Try the brekky parfait!!!! Soooo good! I want to eat it every day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ah dammit I just made the strawberry granola cos it looked like too much faffing around!

In other horrible news, I've misplaced an entire block of chocolate and can't buy any more, so no more parfait for a while :-(

Although I had forgotten about those ice creams so there's a bonus for me :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Harvs, how is possible to misplace chocolate??? Well I have had a slip today. Met my friend for coffee and she had already bought mine - a large full cream cappuccino. There goes some wasted calories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I have no idea where it's gone!

I'M FREAKING OUT

11. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

CookingMonster  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sure you'll find it where you least expect it - in the freezer? I understand the frustration - that parfait it yummy! Shame dh ate all the biscuits cause I would love that right about now. Actually I've also eaten all our chocolate...

Glad to hear the tortillas are yummy - that's dinner tonight. I ended up making the coconut chicken rice - was nice but there was too much fish sauce in the recipe. Had to tone it down with extra coconut cream.

Lunch today is that lentil soup - not looking forward to it but no time to make anything else. Hopefully it's developed some flavour overnight...

Last night I was feeling really lazy - I didn't feel like cooking and dh said he'd eat the lentil soup. I knew I'd end up eating something inappropriate like bread and no veggies so I pulled my finger out and made the coconut chicken rice. Glad I did as I felt better for it and we all ate better than we would have.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (09-01-2015)