+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just made the strawberry granola but with mango instead of strawberry. It was great - dh loved it. Dd 3yo enjoyed it too.
    Getting organised for the challenge - shopping tomorrow for groceries, menu all sorted.
    I wanted to make the strawberry nut balls but can't find dried strawberries - have you ever see them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CookingMonster View Post
    I just made the strawberry granola but with mango instead of strawberry. It was great - dh loved it. Dd 3yo enjoyed it too.
    Getting organised for the challenge - shopping tomorrow for groceries, menu all sorted.
    I wanted to make the strawberry nut balls but can't find dried strawberries - have you ever see them?
    Sounds yummy!

I customised my plan a bit to suit budget and family. I am having the apricot and almond balls instead of the strawberry ones. Have you joined the private Facebook group? Lots of people are having trouble with the dried strawberries. Most people suggest the larger Coles or a health food shop.

If you make the apricot ones, almond meal is about $3 a bag at aldi instead of $12 at Coles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks - I am in the fb group but hadn't seen the posts about the strawberries. I am planning on making the apricot ones so I'll just make an extra serve I think.
    About budget - have you found the shop for it expensive? I have most of the basic ingredients but it's still about $200 this week for our groceries - I usually shop for about $130...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CookingMonster View Post
    Thanks - I am in the fb group but hadn't seen the posts about the strawberries. I am planning on making the apricot ones so I'll just make an extra serve I think.
    About budget - have you found the shop for it expensive? I have most of the basic ingredients but it's still about $200 this week for our groceries - I usually shop for about $130...
    I haven't done the shop yet, but I changed most of the dinners to chicken because I can buy a bulk pack of chicken breast from Aldi. I cut it down to 3 kinds of snacks, and two different breakfasts. I figure I can use up lots of the same ingredients to save $$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is a snapshot of my planner so you can see where i have doubled up ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1420261898.564144.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1420262309.191632.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

CookingMonster  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I just signed up too!

I'm a bit daunted by the shopping list.

I have an almost 3 year old DD and a 3.5 month old DS and have 8kgs go lose in total so I'm hoping to lose at least 4 over the month. If I can deal with all of the cooking, I'll do it for 2 months and hope that I can lose the next 4.

How do you change the strawberry balls to apricot balls? I can only see how to change the serving numbers, not anything else.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    How do you change the strawberry balls to apricot balls? I can only see how to change the serving numbers, not anything else.
    Click customise, click on the recipe, click on swap. You can either choose one of the other offerings or search for a recipe. Search for apricot and almond balls. Click on the recipe, click done. Make sure you hit save when you are done.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    So is everyone ready to start tomorrow!?

I'm ready and raring to go! I hope I can stick to it. I was looking at the before and after photos on the site and I'm finding them very motivational!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! Ready to rock n roll!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too! Aiming to go for a walk this morning if dd2 lets me - hoping she'll go back to sleep...