+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Soooooo.... The question that's on all of our lips is.... WHAT WAS THE SHOP!!!?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (03-01-2015),Me&Smooches  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This used to happen in my shop every now & then until we got integrated POS + EFT. In my case we would have known about it as the till wouldn't have reconciled at the end of the day. My take on it is that it's really the retailers fault for letting it slip, I'm usually very apologetic but kindly request the customer to check their bank statement & get back to me so yes I would ask for contact details. Only once has somebody got angry! I think the assistant was out of line with the attitude though. I would have done A because I've been on the other side of the counter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I would have sent head office an email explaining the balls up. Mention that due to the bad treatment you received you do not wish to go into the store and pay for it/return it. Invite the head office to send a courier at their own expense to pick up the shirt. I would hope they would offer you to keep it instead.

Since it's too late for that I would still send head office an email complaining.
    I would have done this too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    I did A.
    I feel like I should feel good about doing the "right" thing but I don't! Her attitude made me wild!
    Good suggestions about taking the shirt back too and just shopping elsewhere.
    DF had already worn the shirt and loved it otherwise I would have I think!
    So yeah, I went back, paid for shirt and jeans.
    I nearly turned around though when she said to me "didn't think we'd see you again". I replied that i always intended to pay but wanted to check first.
    And the kicker - the salesperson is the manager apparently!
    I reckon I would have done the same, and still be pretty annoyed about the whole experience. If the salesperson was the manager, can you complain to the "head office" if it's a chain store? If I was an owner and found out a manager at my business was treating customers like that (instead of apologising for the mix up and fixing the problem so it doesn't happen again), then I'd be pretty angry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    Her response to you is less than ideal, but did I read it right that you refused to even leave contact details? Why, if you fully intended to check and come back to pay, wouldn't you at least leave a name and contact number, even sign a piece of paper stating your intentions?
    I see your point, but I'd be flabbergasted about being accused of stealing and probably refuse to leave details too. And really, what would they even do with those details? Report the OP to the police for "theft". Or take her to court to sue for cost of the shirt, hope they don't lose and cop legal fees. I'm sure a magistrate would love to see that go through court as a criminal or civil case, and the legal fees for whoever lost would outdo the cost price of the shirt many times over. Or would they report the loss to their insurance company and let them chase it up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    I see your point, but I'd be flabbergasted about being accused of stealing and probably refuse to leave details too. And really, what would they even do with those details? Report the OP to the police for "theft". Or take her to court to sue for cost of the shirt, hope they don't lose and cop legal fees. I'm sure a magistrate would love to see that go through court as a criminal or civil case, and the legal fees for whoever lost would outdo the cost price of the shirt many times over. Or would they report the loss to their insurance company and let them chase it up?
    Theres no way it would ever in a million years go that far. If anything they would prob have sent the details to their regional manager in order to explain any stock discrepancies or problems at reconciliation on that date.

No store would waste that much time and money over a shirt. A girl who was managing one of the stores in a company i worked for stole over 12000 in cash and stock and they didnt even bother suing her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    Theres no way it would ever in a million years go that far. If anything they would prob have sent the details to their regional manager in order to explain any stock discrepancies or problems at reconciliation on that date.

No store would waste that much time and money over a shirt. A girl who was managing one of the stores in a company i worked for stole over 12000 in cash and stock and they didnt even bother suing her.
    That was my thinking. Leaving your details (or not) wouldn't change the outcome for the store re the "missing" shirt for the store. Either the person was going to come back and pay for it, or they weren't.

I can imagine how the conversation would have got heated, but from how it was described the manager handled it really badly. I don't think I would be happy to leave details under the circumstances.

I had some really good service at my local supermarket (one of the big two) and it made me reflect on how good customer service doesn't cost the store a lot extra, but does change how you feel about spending money in a store.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to clbj For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Why on earth would give someone who is being rude and nasty to you, your details. She has already shown she was not a nice person. Who knows what she would have done.
    Crazy people do crazy things. Like that thread from a few weeks ago where the guy followed the hubber home.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

babyla  (03-01-2015),VicPark  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Why on earth would give someone who is being rude and nasty to you, your details. She has already shown she was not a nice person. Who knows what she would have done.
    Crazy people do crazy things. Like that thread from a few weeks ago where the guy followed the hubber home.
    Agreed. No chance I would leave details with someone like that.