+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The sale would have gone through on their system but not the eftpos machine

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Unless they linked but most aren't except big shops like big w, target etc (in my experience anyway)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    The sale would have gone through on their system but not the eftpos machine
    If a sale declines on Eftpos the sale does not go through. Most (computerised) systems would come up with a warning, of course if its a small business thats different-but in 10 years of retail i never had a card decline which threw out my end of day reconciliation. It stalls the sale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Shame on the sales person for being do rude and them not checking it had been approved at point of purchase. Its not your fault they were incompetent. I would take the shirt back and tell them they can have the shirt back and your have lodged an official complaint. Hit their Facebook page too if they have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    Shame on the sales person for being do rude and them not checking it had been approved at point of purchase. Its not your fault they were incompetent. I would take the shirt back and tell them they can have the shirt back and your have lodged an official complaint. Hit their Facebook page too if they have one.
    The second sales person should have handled it better, but technically the OP did score a free shirt! As much as i know customer service has gone down the gurgler i can imagine this would have been a highly strung situation for both the OP (thinking shes paid) and the store (saying she didnt) to work through.

As for the incompetent comment, sheesh people make mistakes. It could have been a newbie who was stressing out cause it was so busy. Or someones teenager at their first job. People make mistakes! No need to chase the poor guy with pitchforks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    The second sales person should have handled it better, but technically the OP did score a free shirt! As much as i know customer service has gone down the gurgler i can imagine this would have been a highly strung situation for both the OP (thinking shes paid) and the store (saying she didnt) to work through.

As for the incompetent comment, sheesh people make mistakes. It could have been a newbie who was stressing out cause it was so busy. Or someones teenager at their first job. People make mistakes! No need to chase the poor guy with pitchforks!
    Yep i get that and yes my wording is harsh. I would still be returning the shirt as my main issue is with the treatment of the second sales person. There is no need for them to be rude. Yes it could well have been an honest mistake. It seems to me that customer service goes down the toilet this time of year. I have been treated badly several times shopping for Christmas so perhaps my opinion is a little jaded by that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    So what if its a teenager at their first job. They need to learn that their is a right way and a wrong to sort out a disagreement with a customer.

The store will learn they need to up their training in both handling eftpos and customer returns.

That is why you complain. So next time they handle it better.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Me&Smooches  (02-01-2015),peanutmonkey  (02-01-2015),Phony  (02-01-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default WWYD - to pay or not to pay

I did A.
    I feel like I should feel good about doing the "right" thing but I don't! Her attitude made me wild!
    Good suggestions about taking the shirt back too and just shopping elsewhere.
    DF had already worn the shirt and loved it otherwise I would have I think!
    So yeah, I went back, paid for shirt and jeans.
    I nearly turned around though when she said to me "didn't think we'd see you again". I replied that i always intended to pay but wanted to check first.
    And the kicker - the salesperson is the manager apparently!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Qwerty  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    I did A.
    I feel like I should feel good about doing the "right" thing but I don't! Her attitude made me wild!
    Good suggestions about taking the shirt back too and just shopping elsewhere.
    DF had already worn the shirt and loved it otherwise I would have I think!
    So yeah, I went back, paid for shirt and jeans.
    I nearly turned around though when she said to me "didn't think we'd see you again". I replied that i always intended to pay but wanted to check first.
    And the kicker - the salesperson is the manager apparently!
    Definitely put in a complaint. There always the owner or if it a chain head office.

Don't forget their Facebook page. I look at store pages for feedback.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (02-01-2015),Me&Smooches  (02-01-2015),Phony  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would complain to head office for sure. That manager has a vile attitude.

I worked in retail for 5 years (clothing chain store) and I wouldn't have dreamed of treating a customer like that, nor have I ever worked with anyone who would have behaved in that manner.

As one would say in bubhub land, she needs to get off her "high horse".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

heplusme  (02-01-2015)