+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 4 month old feed sleep feed routine?

Do you demand feed and sleep with your 4 month old or have a routine?
    If theres a routine what does it look like. Ds2 is 4 months and im demand feeding and hes napping whenever/wherever. id like to start getting a routine in place now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying to remember but I always did a feed - play - sleep routine. DD was bottle fed though. She was fed roughly 4 hrly and had around 1.5 hrs awake time so she would wake, feed, play until tired (2 hrs absolute max) then sleep for 1.5 - 2 hrs until her next feed. If she only catnapped I would try to resettle and if that didn't work, get her up for a play until she seemed tired again then put her back down.
    In the evening it was bath, bottle then bed around 7-8 depending in when she woke from her last nap. She either slept through or woke for 1 feed overnight.
    Hope that helps a bit! Hopefully you will get some replies from posters with either better memories or who currently have bubs the same age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Pretty much the same as pp. Awake time of 1.5-2 hours and down for 2-2.5. Feed after every waking. Worked for us then at 4 months and DS is only growing out of a tweaked version now at 8 months, so this has served us very well for the last 4 months.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default 4 month old feed sleep feed routine?

We try to feed play sleep but sometimes it's feed play feed sleep and sometimes feed play feed play sleep!

DS is 3.5 months so close enough!
    He's feeding every 3 hours or so although this is becoming looser as he's getting older and more demand fed. He does tend to end up feeding every 2 hours in the evening.

We seem to have lost daytime sleeps unless they're in the car! Or occasionally in my lap after a feed!

He will go down in his bassinet for a sleep between 8pm-10pm and then has one last feed and back to bed.
    Both these sleeps, we'll put him in his LTD swaddle and settle him, then into the bassinet awake but sleepy.
    He will then sleep until 7am. He might wake up once or twice but can be resettled and we don't need to get him up.

That's our loose routine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Followed a rough routine of 7 am up and bottle. 8 am breakfast. 9 am sleep. 11 am bottle. 12 pm lunch. 12:30 sleep. 3pm bottle. 4:30 nap. 5:30 dinner. 6:30 bottle. 7 pm. Bed.

Ds was on solids early as you can tell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    Trying to remember but I always did a feed - play - sleep routine. DD was bottle fed though. She was fed roughly 4 hrly and had around 1.5 hrs awake time so she would wake, feed, play until tired (2 hrs absolute max) then sleep for 1.5 - 2 hrs until her next feed. If she only catnapped I would try to resettle and if that didn't work, get her up for a play until she seemed tired again then put her back down.
    In the evening it was bath, bottle then bed around 7-8 depending in when she woke from her last nap. She either slept through or woke for 1 feed overnight.
    Hope that helps a bit! Hopefully you will get some replies from posters with either better memories or who currently have bubs the same age
    My bub is slightly younger but this is what I do except I BF. He goes 3-4 hours between feeds (demand bf), and I follow the feed, play, sleep routine. He is awake for around 1.5 hours. Bath, book, feed, bed routine starts between 6.30 and 7.30 also depending on when his last nap was/how tired he is. He wakes generally once a night for a feed and is up for the day between 5.30 and 6. I follow the tresillian guidelines

http://www.tresillian.net/tresillian-tips/daily-routines-0-6-months.html

They
    don't give set times like SOS or similar do (this isn't for me) and advocate to follow babies cues, but it was a guide for me on how many sleeps a day he should be getting.
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 01-01-2015 at 20:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my loose routine. My daughter is 4 1/2 months.
    6am wake up, 180ml bottle
    6:30-7:30- play
    7:30-8:30ish- sleep (1 sleep cycle)
    9:00- 180ml bottle
    9:30-10:00 play
    10:00- sleep 2 hours
    12:00: 180ml bottle
    12:30: 1 cube solids (Apple/pear/carrot) we are hair introducing solids)
    1:00-2:00-play
    2:00-sleep 1 sleep cycle
    3:00: 180ml bottle
    3:30-4:30 play
    4:30- sleep 1 sleep cycle
    5:30pm- wake, prepare for bath
    5:45pm bath
    6:00pm ish. bottle
    Bed is between 6:30 and 7:00pm
    Dream feed at 9:30pm
    She won't wake up then until 5:30am-6am
    Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fed on demand with our 1st and feed on schedule with our 2nd.
    Both breastfed.
    Our 1st bub catnapped 20 minutes at a time and our 2nd bub sleeps 1-2.5 hours about 3 times a day now she's 5 months. At 4 months it was 3 or 4 times a day.

I sort of follow the E.A.S.Y. routine. So she eats when she wakes, and if it's stinking hot I'll give her another feed about 20 minutes before her nap. (Feeding to sleep was a luxury I enjoyed with our 1st but it's just not practical for me to do that with our 2nd.) I don't make her nap at set times of the day. All I do is look at the clock when she wakes up and make a mental note to put her down for a nap after 2 hours.

So a typical day at home with bub & our 2yr old would look like this...

5am-ish Wake up & feed then back to sleep
    7am-ish Wake & get up & feed while we're all having breakfast
    *2hrs activity*

9am-ish Nap 1-2.5 hours
    11am-ish Wake & feed then at 12ish lunch & another feed
    *2hrs activity*

1pm-ish Nap time for both bubs
    3pm-ish Wake & feed
    *2hrs activity*

5pm-ish Short 1/2 hour nap
    6pm-ish Feed while we're all having dinner
    7pm-ish Bed and she sleeps through to 5-ish

This basic routine works really well for us now. No doubt things will change as she gets older.
    Last edited by debsch; 01-01-2015 at 22:17.