Closed Thread
Page 41 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    you need to buy a bbt thermometer jet. most pharmacies ought to have them but I remember none of the ones around my area did and I ended up ordering one in (well the kindly pharmacist ordered one in for me). mine was $14.95. you need a special bbt thermo as they're sensitive enough to detect temps to 2 decimal places. you basically check your temps at the same time every day as soon as you wake up. like literally, open your eyes and get the thermo in yore gob. don't get up, go to the toilet etc. it needs to be your resting body temp. and it needs to have been after at least 3 hours of sleep (but if you toss and turn and have the odd crap nights sleep well what can you really do). so I set my alarm for 6am each morning (for work) and just temp when it goes off. if I snooze after then that's fine but it's basically my bbt alarm. you also need to temp on weekends so you'd need to set your alarm for the same time. I've slacked off temping lately but will start again from tomo. I'm on cd 9 now so will continue temping til I'm sure I've ovulated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybird View Post
    @JET09 EWCM = egg white cervical mucus
    Another dumb question then
    WTF is this lol

I feel like I need to do more homework :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies... I have been missing in action...
    It is very nice to read all your posts.. and your pics.. thanks for sharing.
    I am actively ttc..have been for the last one yr or so..
    cd12 today.. waiting to ovulate.. @curlybird, can't wait for our newest little arrival

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cuky For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JET09 View Post
    Another dumb question then
    WTF is this lol

I feel like I need to do more homework :-/
    not dumb at all! we're all here to learn! it's the mucus you get when you're fertile. it's stretchy like egg whites if you put it on your fingers and try to stretch it apart (gross I know). Google pics if you need more detail.

this kind of cervical mucus (cm) is most friendly to sperm and facilitates it swimming up and meeting your egg to say g'day. it's alkaline and doesn't kill the sperm.

at other times of the month, your cm will be gluey or sticky etc...this is more acidic and hostile towards sperm and not ideal for conceiving.

watery cm is also ok but not as ideal as ewcm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok cool I don't think I have ever seen this (I wasn't looking for it either I guess lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Throughout your cycle you will have different types of cervial mucus.

When you are reaching your fertile phase your cm will change to ewcm, which is the same look as egg whites. You may notice it when you wipe after going for a wee. Once your cm changes to a creamy, thick gluggy consistency then it is safe to say you have finish ovulating.

Don't worry i didn't know any of this when we first started ttc

@cuky Keeping everything crossed for you! Hope this is your month!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to curlybird For This Useful Post:

JET09  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybird View Post
    Throughout your cycle you will have different types of cervial mucus.

When you are reaching your fertile phase your cm will change to ewcm, which is the same look as egg whites. You may notice it when you wipe after going for a wee. Once your cm changes to a creamy, thick gluggy consistency then it is safe to say you have finish ovulating.

Don't worry i didn't know any of this when we first started ttc

@cuky Keeping everything crossed for you! Hope this is your month!
    Ha ha there is so much to this. I'll have to pay attention from now on lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF showed up right on schedule so no testing again a little disappointed as usual but I think I'm going to go book a holiday to feel better haha! There are some great deals on atm for later in the year!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkentofu For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Silkentofu a holiday may be exactly what you need! I know I could definitely use a second honeymoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GemimaPuddleduck View Post
    @Silkentofu a holiday may be exactly what you need! I know I could definitely use a second honeymoon.
    Hehe yeah! I was tempted but the sale travel dates would be right at the start of the 3rd tri if we were successful last month. Now it's not an issue!