Closed Thread
Page 19 of 104 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @curlybird and that dress is on such a beautiful colour!

Shucks @McBecks... I have no words but fx for March! Is it the first FS visit for you? Really hope they can be of assistance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Will take a bump pic in the morning and post it

The heat and humidity is killing me. I can't wait for some cooler weather!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dom82 For This Useful Post:

cuky  (11-02-2015),Felicia  (11-02-2015),McBecks  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkentofu View Post
    Thanks @curlybird and that dress is on such a beautiful colour!

Shucks @McBecks... I have no words but fx for March! Is it the first FS visit for you? Really hope they can be of assistance!
    Thanks Silks. We saw the FS mid-late last year to see what was taking so long, as I fell within 3 months with DS. They tested us & I was fine but DH had low sperm count. We've fixed that with herbs & no hot baths, but it's still been 7 cycles since his last good SA result & whilst we said we wanted to try naturally for as long as we could, I also don't want to have too long between kids (DS is 2.5) & I'm creeping up on 33. Will see if the FS will suggest IUI or something else. We're hoping we won't need IVF as it'll be a financial stretch for us. Fx'd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh.. So with the FS did you have to go via a GP?

I succumbed to temptation and tested this morning... 2 days after my expected period and BPN haha, seems like my body is just being a cow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, our GP was really good & listened & sent me for blood tests & DH for a SA, which is when we discovered the issue & got referred to the FS.

If you've been trying for 6 or 7 months & you're a little concerned then go to your GP. 😊 I'm not sure on your age/health, but it can't hurt to get checked out, especially if you sometimes have long cycles. Is this your first TTC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it is my first TTC - it's proving to be more of a PITA than expected

DH and I are both 28 and relatively healthy. Did get checkup/bloodwork done before we started trying and everything seemed good. Maybe another month or 2 I'll see the GP. Most sites I read recommend waiting 12 months before getting help so I don't want to be turned away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkentofu View Post
    Yes it is my first TTC - it's proving to be more of a PITA than expected

DH and I are both 28 and relatively healthy. Did get checkup/bloodwork done before we started trying and everything seemed good. Maybe another month or 2 I'll see the GP. Most sites I read recommend waiting 12 months before getting help so I don't want to be turned away
    I have always wondered about the 12 month thing....could you not just tell the GP you've been trying for 12 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha! Yea that's what DH said.

But I went to the GP before starting to check immunity and other blood tests though! Although I suppose one can just go to a different one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah you can just lie but I guess you should also just remember that it can take up to 12 months for people who are for and healthy and "normal" to fall pregnant anyway. I think Dr's just don't want people going "shoot I'm not pregnant within 2 or 3 months so let's go see someone" when really there's no need to. So unless you do think there's something wrong then I'd just remain positive & keep trying. 😊 If you're DTD enough at the right time then sooner or later you'll fall pregnant. Like I said, I only didn't wait the 12 months this time cos it took just 3 with DS so I thought something was up. I'm glad I didn't wait as we were able to fix it quickly... Not that it's helped any to date though. Humph! Oh well onwards & upwards into March! 👍

11. The Following User Says Thank You to McBecks For This Useful Post:

cuky  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @McBecks - That's a good move. Good luck with the FS..I really hope things work out .. Fx!
    I spoke to my GP too last week after getting the pap smear results (all good there), she suggested waiting 2-4 months more as both dh and my results are normal..and we fell pregnant once which ended in a mc..so she said "don't see why you can't get pregnant again..keep at it.." to which my reply was - "that's exactly why it's so frustating, when nothing seems to be outright wrong !"

She referred a FS but suggested I wait for some more time as I seem to be ovulating regularly.. I'm thinking of waiting 4 months max...
    @curlybird: Lovely pic of you! You look gorgeous.. @Dom82: your turn now
    @babyla: yay for retreating MS How are things otherwise? @Felicia: How did the tests go with dh?

cd22 today.. not sure if I O'd or not.. first cycle with vitex and maca..so fingers crossed

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuky For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (11-02-2015),Felicia  (12-02-2015)