+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    - a bag of snacks. Poppers, frozen water bottles, sangers (pop in ice bricks if it's hot). It will save you a FORTUNE over the course of the trip and you won't have kids in your ear trying to find the next servo.

- DVD player/tablet/ipod - My sanity was saved on a recent trip. DH put movies onto their tablets, about 10 each. Then we attached ear phones. It kept them happy and minimised the 12000 Are We There Yet?'s.

Take a Tom Tom - nothing more stressful then trying to navigate while kids are fighting in the back. That device was brilliant on our trip to a capital city.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great tips! Keep them coming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always keep a bag with cloth nappies, a few plastic bags, toilet paper and wipes in the car. Our 3 year old always needs to stop for the toilet when there is none in sight. The nappies are to line her catseat with over a plastic bag if she wets her car seat.

Invest in some containers with the lid you can put your hand through. Great for the car as the kids can have snacks without spilling them all over the car.

Plan your trip with playground stops. Can't stress this enough. Kids need to get out and run around every few hours...

Always have more nappies at the ready than you usually would use in the time you are traveling. I swear kids know to poop their nappy extra when they're all packed in a suitcase in the back lol.

I have been doing long distance drives with my 3year old since she was 4 months, so have plenty of practice with the ages you describe...