Closed Thread
Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #5

Congrats @Riss78! Such great news.

Can I ask how long you waited in between? We're going overseas next year, but I'd like to use at least some of our frozen embies before we go. I say that holding a 4 week old...

Reckon I can book in for March next year? As much as I'd like to wait between bubs, I can assume we'll get lucky on the first transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Riss78 congratulations
    @Sue77 so happy you're on a more positive journey with your new dr. Have my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lileitak- thank you I know that feeling I was ready to go again straight away. Think it was the sleep deprivation and hormones haha. I had to get a permanent cervical stitch put in so we waited till that was done and then started a few weeks after DS turned one. I say do it!
    Cevapa- thanks hun x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

ilex  (08-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Riss 78 ! Wishing u a very uneventful pregnancy.. For sure Lynn has been really lucky for you..

Soph J NL is Nick Lolatgis and no you don't have to see Dr M before you see him. We spoke to hi as he is a reproductive immunologist and 4 transferred with Lynn had not worked for us (2 being pgd normal) and2 untested blasts . so we were looking for more answers and Lynn had told us she does not know the reason why it is not working when every thing looks perfect .

Charlie 74 great u are on to the procedure with Dr M. After my bloods , he found that my NK cells are high (at 17 ) and wrote a protocol with intralipid etc. we saw NL yest has there was a cancellation , but on an average there is about a 2 to 3 month wait to see him. He sounded very professional and knowledgable to me which, no doubt LB is too . The only difference is that he gave us 45 minutes and explained everything in detail while LB gives u 10 minutes at the max. ( which is not a problem if you get your baby in the end, only when things don't workout, u need someone to explain things to u)He has told me and DH to get tested for DQ alpha gene test ( I really don't exactly know what it is ) . The main thing is he had it clear in his mind.........if this comes up, we can do this etc..he is going to suppress my NK cells more aggressively using intralipids and many more things. He didn't give us the option , but said that he does not want to transfer our 2 frozen blasts without the immune protocol as he knows it won't work. Anyways let's see what happens .. We came to Lynn with a lot of hope as well, but still don't have our baby after making normal blasts with her.

Very true Skye 76

Good luck Faithslove for your transfer and thanks Cevapa

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-09-2015),Cevapa  (09-09-2015),Faiths love  (16-09-2015),skye76  (09-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 im a little concerned now doing my FET. My nk cell level came back as 14.
    I only have 1 pgd normal embryo left. I'm wondering whether i should see dr NL?
    What other things has he put you on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you think if i ask Lynn she'll allow me to try the intralipid treatment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news @Riss78! you must me thrilled, am really happy for you. Yeah I think I won't continue the herbs for the moment....not to sure about all this acupuncture as well...a lot of people don't do it and fall pregnant. yes I know it's important to do it the day of transfer but not sure about the weeks leading up to transfer??? just so expensive and I feel like I haven't got strong results from it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MND and Charlie 74... NL sId he would definitely do intralipids and clexane and prednisolone aspirin etc.. But He sent me and DH for the DQ alpha test and see him in four weeks and then he will make my protocol. So we booked in for the 7th of October. He even explained if the test doesn't come right... Then what treatment he needs to do etc .

Regrding being abrupt , I was a bit apprehensive abt my appointment after reading some reviews abt him on the internet. But to be honest I didn't find him abrupt . Yes he was very upfront discussing all options and we were kind of prepared to hear anything. And he was not rushed . He spent more than half an hour with us and we came out of her room with a clear mind as to what steps to follow and we had a direction, I found LB. more rushed and abrupt , but won't fault her as she helped us making normal blasts, rest was our luck too. But after 4 failed fet , she didn't want to investigate further . So we thought to seek a second opinion And made appointments with NL and we are going to see the famous Wazza in Brisbane this November..I don't know what will work for us but we will try our best.. Good luck to everybody

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-09-2015),Charlie74  (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay spoke to the nurse in Lynns room and have agreed to do the intralipid infusion a week before my transfer.
    Day 1 today....so nervous.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MND For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (10-09-2015),Charlie74  (10-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MND, good luck! Praying for you!
    Sue, thanks so much for your reply. Good to know what other options we have if this doesn't work.
    Btw girls, for those of you who have high NK cells, do you have any other immune issues like Eczema, asthma or really bad hay fever etc. just curious if there is any connection.