Closed Thread
Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    [QU OTE=Faiths love;8226723]when u guys say Steroids do u mean Prenisolone? if so,yes, I was on 20 a day but when I got a BFP she put me on 10 (2 tablets) a day.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I want down with BFP also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Faiths love: I'm so sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up on this thread to know what happened. I'm sorry about the mc. big hugs.
    I Hope you like Richard. I have been back for accupuncture and herbs the last month to prepare for my frozen transfer. Ask him for success stories he has plenty. Look out for my bubba Raff on the photo board when you go.

Sue77- my heart really goes out to you. I've been in your shoes and know how it feels to be disregarded by doctors. I'm so sorry you have been going through a rough time. I was always in the mind that I would not stop until all avenues were exhausted. And I think you have a good plan forward. I have heard great things about dr m. I wish you nothing but the best and look forward to seeing what they say.

Im just about to start my frozen cycle and had my scratch last week. Thankfully it didn't hurt. Wish me luck. Feels like ivf was a life time away. Brought back lots of good and bad memories and some anxiety.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Hello to all the newbies

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Faiths love  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Faiths love: I'm so sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up on this thread to know what happened. I'm sorry about the mc. big hugs.
    I Hope you like Richard. I have been back for accupuncture and herbs the last month to prepare for my frozen transfer. Ask him for success stories he has plenty. Look out for my bubba Raff on the photo board when you go.

Sue77- my heart really goes out to you. I've been in your shoes and know how it feels to be disregarded by doctors. I'm so sorry you have been going through a rough time. I was always in the mind that I would not stop until all avenues were exhausted. And I think you have a good plan forward. I have heard great things about dr m. I wish you nothing but the best and look forward to seeing what they say.

Im just about to start my frozen cycle and had my scratch last week. Thankfully it didn't hurt. Wish me luck. Feels like ivf was a life time away. Brought back lots of good and bad memories and some anxiety.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Hello to all the newbies
    Thanks @Riss78 I'm going back on Sat morning so will definitely look out for ur little cutie on the board. I'm so hoping he is going to help. Will be thinking of you next month and so hope your frozen cycle will be successful. Hopefully my period comes soon and i'll be doing a frozen roughly at the same time as you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 I am so relieved to hear that I am not the only one who has experienced the blunt tongue and apparent coldness. I am 41, have had 3 stim cycles with her and produced blasties which have been tested and found to have chromosomal defects every time. At my last visit I had a very similar conversation with Lynn to the one you had.
    And the horrible thing is - I made the choice to go with the person who is no doubt technically very good, but appears to lack the other qualities that I now find I need - empathy and diplomacy. I joked with my friends about how weird it was to have a doctor who didn't touch you, but now I find that matters a lot. I could kick myself because now, having gone to the technical best, I don't have anywhere else to go. I have a referral to Dr Lolatgis, but I have heard that his bedside manner is similar to Lynn's.

I still have it in me to roll the dice and do some more stim cycles, but I feel my ovaries shrinking when I go into her office. Can anyone suggest a kind, slightly hippy doctor in Melbourne who might hold my hand and let me waste another $20K on 2 more stim cycles and then help me to let go? I don't think at my age I can wait til November to see Dr Wazza in Brisbane.

I'm a bit sad atm because I received my PGD test results today, as you can probably tell. And let me stress - I'm not blaming Lynn Burmeister for my inability to produce good eggs - it's my body, my age, my lifestyle, my infertility. Its just that she just leaves your heart in ruins for the counsellor to put back together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Afseg- Anne Poliness at City Fertility. She is very down to earth, very dry sense of humour, but caring and warm. Very low-maintenace compared to what I hear about LB and Monash.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

Afseg  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fs is also at city fertility. Warm caring trying different things. Pm if you want info.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Afseg  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I'm trying to have a read but looks like so much has happened... I'm sorry to read some sad news, time is passing so quickly, although I m sure for many in here it's too slow?!

I'm sad to see some people are not happy with Lynn either, I always thought she was really good. She would always personally call me after hours if I needed to talk, have you tried to ask the same of her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies... I've been absent from this thread for a long time... Have been very busy with our twins, thanks to LB!! Just a quick question.... How long does she recommend taking melatonin before a cycle? I can't remember for the life of me. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Martcc! So good to hear from you. How are you going? I have a beautiful boy thanks to Lynn and am just into my next cycle for number 2. Fingers crossed she works her magic again.

JB- I'm not on melatonin this cycle. I think it's only good when doing a fresh cycle to improve egg quality

I'm so sorry to hear that more of you are upset of her bedside manner. I haven't had the same experience with her even though I went to see her knowing what she might have been like. She did call me too after hours when I needed her. I've noticed she has definitely gotten more busy in the last year or so maybe that has to do with it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I love my melatonin... Just got some more last week for sleep...I'm not even cycling with my eggs any more.
    Re Lynn's bedside manner, I honestly think she's just stretched beyond her appointment capabilities... but everyone still wants to see her.
    Re Anne Poliness, I saw her for 2 cycles before moving to Lynn, she is indeed lovely and very caring, but at the time I didn't find her progressive enough. Lynn was far more thorough in her testing and progressive in her protocols. It's catch 22 isn't it? FWIW I'm going back to Anne for help in my next DE cycle overseas, Lynn helped with the last couple but is too hard to get hold of if you have a quesion or if your period is late etc.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Afseg  (09-07-2015)