Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Afm not a good news.. We met lyn yest after our bfn. And somehow she seemed really not interested.. I guess cases like ours effect her success rates.

We we have done 3 stimulated cycles with lynn resulting in 6 blasts. We have transferred 4 of them and had a bfn every time. ( 2 of them were tested chromosomally normal) and I have had 2 previous pregnancies earlier - so no known I plantation issues plus she checked me for everything. She said very coldly that everything is perfect the lining etc normal embryos.. I really don't think it will work now.. If it had to it would have by now.. She doesn't know where the problem is and that I am a very rare case and she can also only do so much. When we said but we are making blastocysts ....is there still no hope.. She said u can keep on trying if u want to but it's highly unlikely that u will succeed with your own eggs and referred me to donor eggs. She said if we work by elimination .. Embryo or egg quality is the only thing thT could be a problem and even though we. Have made chromosomally normal embryos twice.. May be the mitochondria of your eggs is weak or your embryos lose the energy to divide.

i mean I am shocked. I didn't expect that at this stage when my Amy levels are normal and we are averaging 2. Blasts every cycle. But obviously I trusted her like god but I can't stop crying after yesterdAys appt.i had faith in her that she will support us in trying but she has lost all interest. Feeling so disheartened and not knowing what to do.
    Hun it's time. It's time for the BIG GUNS. It's time for WAZZA who doesn't give a **** about stats. He is the only FS to give me a take home baby. His clinic also deal in all sorts of egg donation from OS. I really really want you to make an appointment and don't give up until you have seen this man. Get on the wait list and get an appointment. You cannot give up until you have seen Wazza.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-06-2015),skye76  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh @Sue77 my heart breaks for you.
    I'm dumbfounded at Lynn's honestly. Yes it's nice to know straight out and not beat around the bush but there are ways to say things. I wish she was more delicate with her words.

I think a break to clear your head is good, maybe a mini trip then see 'wazza' as lilypily said xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have been thinking about you a lot @Sue77...you haven't been on here for a while so I thought something was up...Hun maybe it's time to see this guy that @lilypily is talking about...really what have you got to lose, a cost of a flight and a couple of days off work to go and see him, probably not even a couple of days. if he is anything like Lyn all he'll give you is a list of different meds anyway to take and you might not have to see him all that often...it's definitely worth a shot but if you are thinking of donor egg then Lyn perhaps could do that for you..remember the baby will be yours hun, it will grow in you and be calling you mum. My heart is going out to you...xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much Lilypily , Cevapa and Faithslove.. Your support means the world to me .

yes I have already booked an appointment with Dr Warren when I had my last bfn and Lilypily advised me to see him. The earliest was in November. I am on their cancellation list too. I have also booked a phone consult with Dr M in Sydney regarding a full check up of my immune issues( also refered by Lilypily earlier) . We will also see Dr nick Logatis from Monash as Blondeinbrisvegas ( from the other thread) suggested. I want a few more opinions before I call it quits with my own eggs and move to a donor.

i totally agree there would be a problem in my egg quality..somewhere .. That is why it is not working and Lynn is a very good doc and has been able to make 2 chromosomally normal blasts and 4 other blasts, but there is a way and manner any doctor should follow in talking to their patients. I don't expect any tlc from her.. But atleast don't shrug me off just because cases like me are affecting your success rate( I know she is the celebrity doc and the baby whisperer etc). We were talking to her and it was barely 10 minutes and she stood up while talking and came to the door indirectly telling us to leave . I think that's not acceptable when we are paying for her services and she said ideally you should be having your babies in your twenties.. Cmon I know that.. I wouldn't have been sitting here I front of you at 38.

i have seen people getting very few eggs and quality problems , fertilisation problems and still getting over the line. She said u have a lot of eggs AMH is fine .. No problems making blastocysts .. They thaw properly and all she thinks they lose the energy to divide after that .. So may be the mitochondria are weak( which is fair enough). But she could have said that's can try till u want as u are getting eggs and blastocysts..
    I had 2 blasts out of my 12 eggs retrieved which I know is less but my sister had 3 blasts out of her 19 eggs retrieved and she has a perfect healthy baby boy. I know I have a quality problem that's why only 2 blastocysts are made out of so many eggs.. But in the end u need only 1 . I know it's very difficult in my case because 4 blastocysts havnt worked.. But I don't think 4 blasts it too much to try and quit. I have seen girls ( even on this thread) who have tried more than 4 blasts and have babies today. Basically she has lost interest in our case because it's unexplained and a tough one. Even I know I don't want to have any false hopes but will do the fet with 2 blasts that I have left and may be 2 or 3 more stimulated cycles( with other doctors) before I move on to the donor journey. I know there is no hope, but because I can make blasts , I want to try a little bit more and take a few more opinions.

sorry for the long post.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Legally Brown  (08-10-2015),skye76  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sue our issue was sperm quality. It was evident when we got a BFP after going back to the younger frozen sperm that we used to get Max. Everybody had advised that fresh was better and I know Wazza would have insisted to use what ever got us our first baby but I waited so long to do it. So glad you have those 3 FS on your side. I am very hopeful you will get there with these guys in your corner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all. We were due to see lb prior to our cycle being successful with our daughter in 2013. I was on her wait list as well. I did ring up to see about moving to her for another opinion. I was told to send all my stuff across from my fa and she will look at it prior to assessing whether to take me on as a patient. I think she wants the good success stories and not the harder ones. I've just turned 40 I don't get many eggs and also have mfi. I was also told the initial appt was $500? My current fs is trying new things so will stick with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I just think Lynn has taken on too many patients.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Afseg  (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who is Dr M?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 I don't have much else to add that hasn't already been said but want you to know I'm thinking of you. I'm so sorry you feel disregarded by Lynn, as we are all well aware sparing people's feelings is not high on her priorities. Having said that no one should be brushed off the way you were especially when delivering such heartbreaking news. I wish you every success with your future course of action, she's not the only FS is the country. PLease look after yourself xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue77 I hope that you get the answers you need from another fs. I think some people are going to her know cause she is seen as the baby doctor you go to but there are heaps of others. I have heard that she has a blunt manner and to the point but there is a way that you communicate with your clients as well. I like my fs in that he is honest and doesn't give you false hope but has a good bedside manner and is genuine and provides support but saying that I'm going to a fs cause of their knowledge and expertise I'm not going to expect them to support me emotionally through the process. Does that make sense???