Closed Thread
Page 28 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a comment on the 2nd pregnancy thing...

I too thought 6 months would be good (need to get through the first one), but I've heard from my OB, and my mum (who is in obstetrics) that 18 months before the next pregnancy is ideal. Else you run the risk of complications...

Just another thing to worry about.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Lozzie1  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My OB said 6 months is fine but no sooner. I also don't really have the luxury of time at 43... Maybe after a Caesar it's different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, just a quick questions - Do any of you ladies recommend a great health insurance company that offer the extras (at your choice for the provider) and good pregnancy/ivf rebates??? I'm with Medibank Private and they have been quite hard to deal with and very very expensive. Someone has recommended BUPA but not to sure???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Bupa were good but I've just moved as it got too exxy. I ended up with Defense Health ...but you need some connection (even loose) to the defense force to use them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Faiths love  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #5

Quote Originally Posted by Faiths love View Post
    Hey guys, just a quick questions - Do any of you ladies recommend a great health insurance company that offer the extras (at your choice for the provider) and good pregnancy/ivf rebates??? I'm with Medibank Private and they have been quite hard to deal with and very very expensive. Someone has recommended BUPA but not to sure???
    I'm with MEDIBANK and find them great - I also have top cover and top extras (I think)
    I pay nothing for hospital stays. I also get a bit back for progesterone.
    When comparing with BUPA I found the extras had lower limits for approx same monthly payments.

The only thing I get through medibank for IVF is the transfer (free) and hospital stays (free) - was admitted to the epworth for 7 days due to ohss and paid $0.
    Last edited by Cevapa; 21-04-2015 at 05:35.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cevapa For This Useful Post:

Faiths love  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 all the best with get, hope this is a sticky bean for you. Are you transferring 1 or 2?
    @Faiths love, this is all new to me, I couldn't tell if it is good based on their response. I guess no news is good news. How are you going with your cycle? You are right, I learnt so much by reading what everyone shared in this thread.
    @MND good luck with your cycle, hope for lots of day 5 blasts.

Wave to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also with medibank on top cover and top extra with excess. It is expensive but this year I will be claiming quite a bit back, so far no trouble yet. I stayed at epworth for 5 nights and just paid the excess.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbc22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    fingers definitely crossed for you hun
    Tomorrow I go in for my first scan.I know they will say my lining will be thin,it's always thin. Hopefully she will put me on some patches.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Faiths love For This Useful Post:

bbc22  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 - Who knows... I would do the same if I were you. I have little bit more time to play with, which means more time to worry!
    @Faiths love - I've got top cover with NIB. I get a discount through work, but it's still not cheap ($250 per month for just me - DH is on his own plan). I had no out of pocket hospital fees for our first cycle. The only hospital charge I've had is for a lung scan; which ironically was only required because I was pregnant and wouldn't undergo the usual test. I had pleurisy at the time, and they were worried it may have been a blood clot.

We looked into Bupa (also with a corp discount), but decided against the since we got more extras under NIB for about the same price. We'll re-evaluate soon and see what the prices are under the family plan. NIB has been really easy to deal with so far.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay good news. Blood test confirms down reg. I'm able to start my injections. Fingers crossed this cycle gives me a bfp.