+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does paid parental leave go in my normal pay?

My start date for ppl from the government is 23rd Dec which is my off pay week in my usual employer paid cycle. Centrelink online services say that a specified amount has been sent to my payroll for pay on my usual pay cycle. The specified amount is not the entire 18 weeks ppl amount. My pay cycle is this Week being Wednesday but the date of delivery specified online with centrelink says the 6th Jan which is a fortnight away and my off pay week with my employer. So will It be paid in my normal pay this week or not? I'm thinking the delivery date specified is perhaps the date centrelink have paid up to to my employer.

Last time I had the government ppl paid from centrelink, not to my employer then to me. Centrelink have no customer service officers working today and my payroll aren't answering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't really help but I was told that when your employer has been given the money, they are also given a release date as to when it can be transferred to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ppl is from the 17th November, was paid to my employer on 26 December and I'm guessing I get it when they process payroll which is the 15th of the month. I think it would just be paid when they do normal payroll but would be backdated so you might get more the first payment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where I work - you would be paid in your regular work payment cycle. If you wanted to be paid at a different time you would need to make special arrangements with payroll

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    My ppl is from the 17th November, was paid to my employer on 26 December and I'm guessing I get it when they process payroll which is the 15th of the month. I think it would just be paid when they do normal payroll but would be backdated so you might get more the first payment?
    Maybe. The amount sent to the employer is an odd amount so manybe it won't go through til my next full pay period and I will get extra the first pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    This is how mine was paid. Extra the first cycle as a catch up, then the normal regular fortnightly amount ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Not sure about your case. With my first payment centrelink sent it to my employer but it missed my employers cut off for inclusion in the next pay by a couple of days so I had to wait another fortnight for the following pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been waiting since the 2nd of December for my employer to even accept my ppl from centrelink! I've called centrelink and they tell me I've done everything I can from my end and it's up to my employer now. Of course I've been in contact with my employer who doesn't return my calls emails etc. Mind you I've been waiting for my ppl to go to my employer since 13oct! I'm actually 11weeks in to my 16 weeks of ppl and haven't seen a cent yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Not sure about your case. With my first payment centrelink sent it to my employer but it missed my employers cut off for inclusion in the next pay by a couple of days so I had to wait another fortnight for the following pay.
    Yep I'm thinking this is what's happening but I have just looked at my leave form and I have another week or so of annual leave to be paid before the government ppl starts by the look of it. I guess it will start when it starts. I'm waiting for my payroll officer to call back now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If im paid monthly then my employee will receive it fortnightly and will pay it to me monthly...is that right does anyone know?? @ifonlys that's pretty bad form, I hope you're managing to get by without it?