+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming off Estelle 35ED

Hey guys, I've been taking Estelle 35 for about 6 months now. I've experienced a severe decrease in libido as well as other unpleasant symptoms such as cramps, headaches, persistant cough and just feeling crappy. So, decided after some research concerning blood clot danger to stop taking it. Anyone had a similar experience..? Anything I should expect? Anyone gotten preggo pretty fast?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took estelle on and off for about 3 years. I had side effects while on the pill (decreased libido, anxiety, migraines) and had none when u came off it. I came off it in May 2013. It took a few months for my cycle to become regular and we used barrier methods of contraception until December 2013. Got pregnant in Jan 2014. The pill effects everyone so differently it's crazy. If you are worried about clots or other side effects, see your GP, unless you're short of breath or have chest pain, then go to ED.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have been on it now for about 9 months, labido has dried up. I am literally sitting there now giving myself a pep talk to have sex with DH lol...
    I get massive headaches a few days before period starts, but an upside my periods are not alot shorter then they have ever been.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took it for a few years (moved onto it from monofeme) and didn't notice any side effects until I came off it & realised my libido had been suffering quite a lot! I came off it at Christmas 2012, waited 2 cycles before TTC, and fell pregnant first try in March 2013. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to know I'm not not alone with the libido thing..lol. sounds like I made the right decision coming off it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I felt my side effects were so bad that I'm now reluctant to use hormonal contraception. Hanging out for the male pill...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Snowman For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (29-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol..hubby getting the snip Jan/Feb so closest to a man pill I guess. We have 4 children already, but would love another although hubby not so much. If it happens before snip time then cool, otherwise I guess we r done. ; (

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Snowman View Post
    Yeah I felt my side effects were so bad that I'm now reluctant to use hormonal contraception. Hanging out for the male pill...
    The lacking libido side effect was enough for DH to agree wholeheartedly when I said I didn't want to go back on the pill again.. Ever!