+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fly at 6/7 weeks?

Hi ladies, I'm really new to bubhub and hoping you could help. I had a bfp at Xmas eve and this is my first pregnancy. Very excited as we've been trying for over 1.5 years and were planning to do ivf early next year.
    My hubby and I booked a trip to Tassie then Carins for ten days, which will be around 6/7 weeks. Now a bit worried if we should cancel the trip and just stay at home to be safe. Can't book in for an apt with docs as the clinics all closed over the holidays. Did any of you have similar experience? Would flying and traveling be safe during 6/7 week pregnancy? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to Bali for a week when i was 4 weeks, we didnt know i was pregnant. Apart from a usually uncomfortable flight and midnight trips to the toilet (which i thought was bali belly) i was fine.

I say go for it! Your bub is well protected in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 30 weeks pregnant and fly twice a week for work. I have also flown to Europe at 7 weeks with this pregnancy... So yeah you will be completely fine! Go and have a fabulous time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 12 weeks are we're going to Hawaii on the 15th, I've also flown to Cairns at 7 weeks with Hypermemsis (extreme morning sickness) if it were me yes I'd go for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely go! I went to NZ at 7 weeks and Brazil and Canada at 9 to 11 weeks. My OB said it was completely fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. It made me more at ease about the coming trip. And I will try to enjoy as much as I can although might have to miss Tassie oysters and other fresh seafood

Thanks
    Reviews
    I flew to Hawaii when I was 6 weeks. The only issue is you might be tired/nauseous but otherwise flying is no problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I flew to Italy for our honeymoon when i was 7 weeks. I was fine. I was a bit funny about eating the plane food so i pre-ordered the vegetarian meal. I didnt like the idea of eating the meat.

Other than that it was fine.

Went to the markets in Italy and the guy who didnt speak English asked m if i wanted some grappa. I tried to explain i was pregnant (not speaking Italian) and i ended up with nearly a full cup...Dh got that!!