+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Gift giving wins

What gifts did you nail this year?

I gave 7 pairs of punjammies (pj pants made by girls in India to upskill them and save them from sex slave trade) and everyone loved them, put them on straight away and said "these are too cute too wear to bed, I'm going to wear them out". Yay me!

I also got my secret sabra at work am oil and vinegar set which she really loved (she is getting married next year and is really trying to lose weight so I didn't want to give her lollies/ chocolate etc, also didn't want to give her anything that screamed "you are dieting" but thought that everyone needs dressings occasionally). Yay. I love it when I give someone something they like.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (26-12-2014)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I bought the kids proper stethoscopes for one of their presents. They spent a large part of yesterday giving all the family members "check ups".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I organized to have professional family photos done of my siblings & I and all our kids and put them on a digital photo frame for my mum. She loved it so much, she got all teary

I also got my neice a wooden Dr play set, that came in a big red fabric Dr bag. She absolutely loved it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I nailed all my presents this year. I'm so glad I did what I did. But dh missed out. I have him money to spend on his games. He loved it but I hate that I didn't get to pick something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My niece was apparently really pleased with her present from me, I had bought her the hunger games books after discussing tween type books generally with her a while ago (she's 11), and SIL said she was just as excited that I'd remembered the discussion as the present itself - awww!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 5 year old niece opened her present from me and said 'all my dreams have come true!' LOL! It was Lego...

I think I did fairly well but that was the best reaction by far.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS opened one of his Santa presents and said "I really wanted this!" A $12 cash register toy - thanks kmart!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    My 5 year old niece opened her present from me and said 'all my dreams have come true!' LOL! It was Lego...

I think I did fairly well but that was the best reaction by far.
    Best reaction possible. Nice work Aunty cheekychook.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have ds a new skateboard and he lost his little mind. We all got the tightest of hugs and he ran straight outside to go try it out. It was almost impossible to peel him off it to eat lunch.
    WIN

Dd1 on the other hand got a cabbage patch doll and freaked out at it. She takes a 1m wide detour around it if it's on the floor etc. I don't know why, she has a little dolly and we thought she would love playing 'dolls' since she does at Kindy.
    You win some..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    DS1 got a woody & buzz doll..he has carried them everywhere and cuddled them in bed. He was so happy when he pulled them out of his santa sack. They are what he asked santa for when we went to see him and have a photo taken.

Ds2 was very excited by a little ride on toy, but mostly overwhelmed by all the toys! He's pretty pleased with the sand pit too.

DH loved one of the gifts I got him..a Garmin fit tracker thing. We talked about it ages ago, but he never bought one. He's really hard to buy for so I'm so pleased he loved this!!!