+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Very early pregnancy?

Hi, I have joined this forum bc I'm hoping to find people I can talk to about my situation. I am potentially 3 weeks pregnant and aside from my partner, I haven't told anyone. It wasn't planned, I was actually on the pill and because its still so early I don't want to tell anyone else yet.

I took a test on Monday bc I felt strange and didn't expect to see anything bc it was only 3 weeks and 1 day since the start of my last period (so 6 days before I was due). And at first I saw nothing. I was about to throw the test away, but in the changing light I saw something. I went to the chemist and bought some digital tests. They said pregnant 1-2 weeks. I freaked out a little and when my partner got home, I told him. He handled it better than I did and together we decided we could do this.

I went to the doctor on Wednesday (yesterday) for a blood test and he confirmed my hcg levels were 49 which he said was consistent with my dates. I am returning on the 5/1 for more tests.

I really want to find someone to talk to, I'm so scared and have no idea what to expect. Has anyone else just found out they're pregnant?

The strangest part is that I never even knew I wanted children, but now I'm scared that something will happen to this one. I have read too many threads about miscarriages I think and ectopic pregnancies and scared myself. My partner feels the same so it's been an interesting couple of days for us.

By the way, I'm 28 and as for symptoms, I've had increased appetite, gone off certain foods (chocolate for one) and mild aches and crampy type feelings around where I think my uterus is. I also had pimples a few days ago which is very unusual for me, but they have mostly cleared up now. My breasts have also become a bit more sensitive, sort of how they feel when I ovulate though not quite as severe.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I may be in a similar situation - however, mine being planned. I do feel "strange" but it is a bit too early for me to even be taking any tests yet, but I have been extra crampy since yesterday and I have napped twice already today, as well as have been sleeping solidly through the night. I'm an insomniac!

I can't begin to test yet, and my AF isn't even due until Jan 12th, so the waiting has been horrible. I too, have developed a sudden aversion to chocolate. Though apart from the sleeping, and the cramping, I don't have any other signs yet. My breasts do feel strange, but I'm wondering if that's due to wanting to feel another sign?

I do worry about miscarriage though, and etopic pregnancy. Mainly because up until the last few years (I'm 28 now too) I had never been regular. Oddly, around the time I started looking into becoming pregnant 3 years ago I magically become almost regular...when before I was only seeing 3-4 AF's per YEAR. I never went on the the pill to fix them, but they finally have naturally.

So yes, my fears are there. I think they are there for every new expectant mother (and daddy too). It's instinct, and especially with so much information out there at our fingertips now...we are more aware of all the scary things out there. However, the important thing to do is not stress too much about it, as stress can distress your baby, too. Be cautious, and be aware, but don't get so anxious that it preys on your every movement or thought. While exciting and sometimes scary, pregnancy can also be fun, and you don't want to miss out on the good parts of it.

Congratulations, too! Perhaps we might be another pair who are able to enter the New Year as newly expectant mummies!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very early pregnancy?

I'm 23 and 5-6 weeks pregnant , only my partner knows so far. It wasn't planned, very unexpected. I have no idea what to do but I definitely want the baby. I don't think my partner is very keen though, he is also 23. One minute he sounds happy about it, then the next he seems upset and grumpy.

I'm worried about miscarriage also. So many times i'm checking to make sure its not blood that I can feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, so great to hear from both of you and congratulations

hopeful, my first symptoms were aches and cramps and needing to pee a ridiculous number of times. Strangely I have also gone off milk now, I used to have weetbix and milk every day for breakfast. Now I'm having toast with cheese and tomato or peanut butter bc milk makes me feel sick. My breasts have only just started to feel more sensitive. I was on the pill, but to test at 4 weeks would mean I wouldn't be testing for another 2 days yet. I got a very faint positive 6 days before 4 weeks and today at 3 weeks and 5 days, the line is as clear as the control line.

ive been so nervous I'm taking a test every 2 days and now I have 3. So far, the line has been about twice as dark as the one before so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

perthbear, the great thing I think about these forums is that I can be open and honest about things I never normally share. When I was 24, I fell pregnant to my ex, again unplanned. He oscillated in the beginning as well, sometimes happy and comforting me, other times freaking out. He started to become more negative however and actually became very cruel. He told me that forcing someone to be a father was a the worst thing I could do to someone, worse than killing them. He said I wasn't ready to be a mother and I believed him. So at 6 weeks, I ended that pregnancy. I have never forgiven myself and was very depressed afterwards. My dog was the only thing that got me through that time. We had the money, the family support, I felt like I had no reason to justify what I did.

now he regrets it, the week after he actually asked if we could "make another one" but it was over, I couldn't stand him. 3.5 years later, he still calls me to apologise but it's not something you can undo.

everyone's circumstances are different and no-one should tell you what to do. I am happy now to be going through this with my current partner and what a difference it makes to have a supportive partner, but honestly, I still regret what I did.

you just have to do what's right for you, obviously it matters what other people think but don't worry about it too much.