+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sibling Announcement Ideas?

Despite only being 9 weeks, my partner and I have decided that seeing as it's the festive season, we'd announce the existence of our person-to-be for Christmas.
    This involves telling my mother and grandmother today - my sister already knows - and his family on the weekend when we head up to Newcastle.
    We also decided that if all goes well, and the latest scan looked good, we'd tell his kids for Christmas too. We've opted to do so for his family Xmas, seeing as they're going back to their mother at midday and he doesn't want her to know before the rest of his family. Which I agree with.
    What we can't decide on is how do we tell them? I love the idea of getting them shirts, with "Big Brother" and "Big Sister" on them. Nobody would think about Phoenix wearing a big brother shirt, but Belle having a big sister shirt would be instant realization for every family member over the age of 12.
    And while I'd love to do that for family, it doesn't feel overly special for the kids. Does anyone have any cute announcement ideas? How did you tell your older kids about the new addition?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check out Pinterest. There's heaps of ideas on there, got mine from there
    Congratulations on the new bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, I second Pinterest! Heaps of ideas there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did the tshirt idea just the week before Christmas for my 8 year old. On the front it said "I'm going to be a big sister (finally!)", and on the back it said "big sister duties start July 2015". We wrapped it up as a Chrissie present and filmed her opening it. She loved it. I then put the photos of her in the shirt, and opening the present in a collage on Facebook as our way of telling everyone else after family etc.
    everyone thought it was an awesome idea so I say go for it!