+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I used zip lock bags but after one split and leaked all over the bench I double bagged. It seems you can cry over spilt milk! I was not good at expressing and could only manage to express 1/3 of the feeds so I was devastated at losing a bag!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I used the advent storage cups. I just washed and sterilized with the bottles. They stack well and I am still using them now for freezing meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Snowman View Post
    I use ziplock bags too. They aren't "sterile" but they are clean. I just don't touch the inside. I write the date and quantity on the outside and lay them flat in a container in the freezer so they are easy to defrost. I also freeze in 50ml lots so we don't waste the liquid gold! I'm not 100% sure about breast milk specific bags, but unless they are individually packaged, then sterility is lost as soon as you open the box. I can't justify paying that much for breast milk specific ones. I'm a cheap a$$, lol.
    They're zipped close and have a seal that you tear off, so the inside does stay sterile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the swispers bags. The double snap lock is handy and they are reasonably priced.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to use ziplock bags - good quality ones - and never had any issues. I would lay them flat to freeze.

The storage container/bag just needs to be clean - don't stress about it being 'sterile', because sterility is almost impossible to achieve at home, whether an item is sealed or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I use to freeze milk in avent bottles. Never had any issues and you can wash and reuse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Some good advice here. Busy-bee, i certainly hear you about crying over spilled milk - I've been there! :-)