+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Don't want to be induced!

I am 40 weeks with my third bub and I am so worried that he is too comfortable in there and doesn't want to come out!
    I do not want to be induced!
    I was induced with my first and it was the worst experience ever.
    Spontaneous with my second and it was a breeze.
    With this one I haven't yet experienced any signs of upcoming labor, no increase of discharge and no strong BH and I have a feeling that he's not coming anytime soon
    Anyone was induced with their second or third or fourth babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was induced with my first and second, and spontaneous with my third. I had no 'signs' that he was coming, but he did come eventually!
    I told the dr I wouldn't be induced. He put up a fight, but then so did I!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

tubster  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I was induced with my first and second. First was your typical cascade of intervention and it was really traumatic. I narrowly avoided a c-section.

With my second, I did my research and I had a plan. I was aware another induction was a strong possibility because of my health but I was clear about what I would and wouldn't consent to. In the end, I had a really positive experience.

I agree with PP that you and bub still have time. Try not to stress but know if an induction is on the cards, they can be a positive experience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

tubster  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with my fourth after three spontaneous labours (although my first was sped up with the drip) and overall it was my best birth yet. I was induced with the gel to get some gel contractions going in order to push DD's head down, once that had happened and she had dropped enough I had my waters broken and welcomed her into my arms 25 minutes later

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

tubster  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a spontaneous labour with my first (39+6) and induction with my second (40+3). The induction was waaaaaaay better than my spontaneous labour.

I had an epidural with both but I got it early with the induction. With my first I waited too long, I was exhausted and had been in agony for 12+ hrs with little progress.

I had an episiotomy and forceps delivery with my first. I was panicking, baby was in distress, loads of people in the room all of a sudden and it was all quite scary and overwhelming.

Small tear and normal straight-forward delivery with the induction. No panic, no distressed baby, I was totally alert, and it was an amazing experience.

I really didn't want to be induced but in the end it was a beautiful birth.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

tubster  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with my first bc I had GD but spontaneous with my second. I had a really easy time of it when induced but bub got distressed, wrapped umbilical cord round his neck and also there was meconium and he got an infection/needed antibiotics. I narrowly avoided a c-section.

My second I was in labor 12 hrs before deciding it was time to go to the hospital. It was painful and harder for me, but bub was unfazed. She came out bigger, healthier and with great head control. I'm not even sure she noticed being born it was so cruisy - and under 5 mins of pushing! It made me realise that my firstborn was likely not ready to come out and made me realise what massive difference that extra time cooking makes and why my hospital (public - KEMH) recommends waiting up to 10 days over before inducing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eilonwy For This Useful Post:

tubster  (24-12-2014)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Don't want to be induced!

I was induced with baby 1 was hard,long and needed assistance getting her out I had all the drugs too

Baby 2 spontaneous but 14 days over it was a breeze all I had was pethidine and I probably could have done with out :-)

Baby 3 induced horrible horrible horrible currently pregnant with 4 and very anxious and nervous

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

tubster  (24-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    I was induced with baby 1 was hard,long and needed assistance getting her out I had all the drugs too

Baby 2 spontaneous but 14 days over it was a breeze all I had was pethidine and I probably could have done with out :-)

Baby 3 induced horrible horrible horrible currently pregnant with 4 and very anxious and nervous
    How many days were you over with baby number 3? Were you over with baby 2 as well?
    Congratulations on your current pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as i know and please correct me if im wrong but you have about 42 weeks before the placenta starts to degrade. If you really dont want an induction, dont have one. Like a PP said, you have 10 days before talk of induction anyway. So you have about 2 weeks before things start to get serious.

Relax, drinks some raspberry leave tea, go for a walk, bounce on a fit ball and maybe have some sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with my fourth 7 weeks ago. I had two weeks of exhausting pre labour and was induced on my due date. I had three spontaneous labours before this. It went fairly well, cervadil tape and had 6 hours of labour.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyjac For This Useful Post:

tubster  (24-12-2014)