+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Wow! I'm surprised at the responses to be honest. I think some of them are a little harsh actually.

Anyway.. I understand how you must feel op. You try to put thought into Christmas presents so you didn't feel like you were wasting money on stuff they wouldn't appreciate. If I went to the effort of organizing that sort of gift and had someone cancel on me like that then i would be seriously frustrated too. As for what I would do? I think I might chat to my brother quietly, apologise for getting angry and ask what the deal is in a non confrontational way. But if you do this then you have to be prepared for the honest truth that she may actually not like you. That is something you need to consider and ask yourself if your prepared for that kind of answer.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (24-12-2014),littlelove  (24-12-2014),superbuns  (24-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I need help 'dealing' with SIL

My sister in law and I don't get along either...

SIL has told my hubby some nasty things about me. Even lied to him about me! I know for a fact she hates me... And she's using the below as a cop out -

She has said, and I quote "I'm over not getting any where with her I know she doesn't like me so wots the point ?"
    and...
    "I dont really know wot to do to fix any of this so for me its just easier to take my self out of the situation."

Yep, I have been the one not to attend things. Some have been bad timing with illnesses, actually most times including my nieces first birthday party. Which I felt awful for not attending but I didn't want to make others sick (with a tummy bug, might I add!)

But things like baby showers, when I was grieving my own loss... Yeah. Nope. She shouldn't have pushed that one on me. She also baptised my niece to get her into a school. I didn't go to that, I was also Sick and my anxiety/depression was getting too much, I had no one to babysit my special needs DD. and because I didn't go to that, ww3 broke out and she hasn't spoken to me for months. I've completely cut her out of my life. I don't need her drama. It's so sad, especially for the kids, but I've tried again and again- to no avail.

All you can do is try.

If you want to cut ties with her, contact her directly, and also be prepared to lose contact with your bro. It's what's happened here when hubby got the text from his sister about me, and giving up!
    Just some food for thought!
    Last edited by LysnDan; 24-12-2014 at 02:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I apologised to my brother immediately after I shouted. It was just surprise that caused me to lose my temper. No way would I not apologise.

I don't know, maybe she just doesn't like me? I've never been hostile towards her, and I never would be, even if she hates me.

I just don't understand why, when I called her about the gift idea, she would ask me to buy her a ticket so we could make a girls afternoon of it? I was going to just take my dd and nieces.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty easy going and have never snapped at either my brother or SIL before this. I didn't say anything to my SIL about this, nor any of the other no shows.
    I've never felt it was my place to say anything, and from the comments on this thread, it's obvious it isn't my place.

I've never thought about anxiety, I don't really know anything about it or what it's like to have it, to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you have a chat to her? I hope all is well for you now. X