+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the crap present giver apparently. I only had a small amount of money and I had no idea what to get dp. I bought him what I thought was a cool retro esky and a black polo shirt to wear when he plays golf with his brothers and bro in law as a bonding thing they're all doing before a wedding.
    Now o know he doesn't wear polos but I thought he would appreciate an appropriate shirt to wear and it is black, so not bad.
    I didn't get a thank you and I said I knew it isn't his fave present ever but thought he would still like it and that he's really hard to buy for. His reply was that he liked the game card I got him last year.
    Nice :-/
    Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got a popcorn maker from DH. I don't even like popcorn much!!! Good for the kids I suppose but usually I just make it on the stove so waste of money really. Another appliance to be shoved in the cupboard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    I got a popcorn maker from DH. I don't even like popcorn much!!! Good for the kids I suppose but usually I just make it on the stove so waste of money really. Another appliance to be shoved in the cupboard
    They are great because now kids can make their own and no bugging you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooo I also got some gold flower hair clips (I don't wear gold or hair clips) as well as some elastic bead bangle things (like 12 year olds wear) from my inlaws...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I appreciate that my mil thinks of me and takes the time to get me a gift, but every single year she gives me cheap body lotions and soaps. I don't use that kind of stuff at all, so it all ends up given away or re gifted.
    The worst one though was probably the bright pink pig shaped money box my mum bought me a few years ago, when I was 21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Your DH should just have got you a bag of microwave popcorn...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are struggling financially and made sure the kids (my daughter and niece) both had decent gifts for Christmas. It was difficult.
    Anyway... SIL is rich, and DD got small gifts- bubble set, colouring in book, hair clips/necklace set etc. Would be nice if she hit the limit we agreed on, made it equal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LysnDan View Post
    We are struggling financially and made sure the kids (my daughter and niece) both had decent gifts for Christmas. It was difficult.
    Anyway... SIL is rich, and DD got small gifts- bubble set, colouring in book, hair clips/necklace set etc. Would be nice if she hit the limit we agreed on, made it equal.
    What was the limit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What was the limit?
    $100
    We only by for kids too, so no adults got presents.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started reading this thread and had a bit of a giggle, but then after thread 50 or so and all the whinging about cheap presents I thought "I wonder how the kids who are poor and homeless feel about not getting presents at all" Christmas isn't really about the materialistic presents and stuff but being thankful about what we have and the family we still have. My mum was always late at giving me my Xmas present and sometimes it annoyed me, she died a few months ago.....I should have appreciated the fact that she got me anything at all as I'll never get anything from her again. Merry Christmas to all.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to allykat111 For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (26-12-2014),Lillynix  (26-12-2014),Mamasupial  (26-12-2014),Ra Ra Superstar  (26-12-2014),starflame  (26-12-2014),SuperGranny  (29-12-2014),VicPark  (26-12-2014),White Mage  (28-12-2014)