+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    I got a tiny packet of body stuff from SIL. We always give good presents to her but not kuch thought into mine. Lol.
    Just had a thought... Maybe SIL was re gifting... I've had a body shop packet of stuff I bought a year ago and haven't used. Still in original packaging. I'm tight for $ until I go back to work so I regifted it to a female relative (otherwise would have had to spend $30 on a new present). I think it's something she would use. I would be mortified if she thought it was a crap gift. Actually I would probably be ****ed and not give her anything again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

jez  (25-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was over receiving junk from DFs siblings so this year I asked if everyone just wanted to give presents to the kids and they agreed. I get to save money and not put thought and effort into the adults presents only to receive junk in return.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (24-12-2014),VicPark  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My MIL requests a list from each of us every year, but then never gets anything on it. Same with our DD, asks for a list of things for her to share out amongst the BIL's & SIL's....and then none of them get anything on the list. Which would be fine if we didn't tell them things that DD really wants and that we would have got her if we knew none of them were!
    Last year DH had so many DVD's and CD's that he really wanted, he told MIL the list about 2 months before and then she calls me on Xmas eve to tell me she is getting him one that wasn't on his list because it's all Kmart had left on Xmas eve....at least she tries but I would have got them for DH except she kept saying 'now make sure you don't get him that!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Just had a thought... Maybe SIL was re gifting... I've had a body shop packet of stuff I bought a year ago and haven't used. Still in original packaging. I'm tight for $ until I go back to work so I regifted it to a female relative (otherwise would have had to spend $30 on a new present). I think it's something she would use. I would be mortified if she thought it was a crap gift. Actually I would probably be ****ed and not give her anything again.
    It could be. In your case I think it's fine to do that
    She has been good with the kids, the year I was pregnant with DS2 she bought him a present which I thought was a lovely thing to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @VicPark and @Jontu.
    I agree some people would love the gift card. Except I know for a fact that my mum hates gift cards and has always whinged to me that she doesn't like them! So yeah. ..Although I think gift cards can be great. ... In the instance it's pretty lame.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Jack Daniels is bourbon! Not whiskey.
    My DH drinks bourbon. Doesn't touch scotch. He keeps getting bottles given to him.
    Bourbon is a type of whiskey too.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (24-12-2014),Mrs Snowman  (24-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm lucky that I generally get things I want as gifts and if not I normally still appreciate them. This year my sister organized a kris kringle within our family. He and her partner got me and mine. When discussing what they could get my dp, I asked if she needed ideas what to get me. She said no because she has awesome ideas for me. I went into full in panic mode because me and my sister are chalk and cheese and she knows NOTHING about me. So when I heard mum went out with her one day I planted the seed of an idea just incase. She got me a gift card that I asked for (apparently, will see in 2 nights).
    She was thrilled to know I got her partner what she was so adamant in telling me to get him.
    I don't get enough presents to be disappointed really, and I always have ideas when people ask me what I want so they always have plenty to choose from

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We use to get filmed opening presents at the IL's too.
    They would go on facebook as well...

One year my MIL gave me 2 books titled "Everything that can kill you" and "What's wrong with my brain"
    She gave them to me right after my depression came back and I had a break down. She made some narky smart a$$ed comments when she gave them to me.
    I still have them. Haven't read them yet.
    I also got given a pack of home brand sanitary pads after giving birth to DD and we had other family over at the time too. Was pretty embarrassing.

Thank god we don't have to see them this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can see that many people's view would be that i should just be happy with my $20 itunes card.
    My view however is that an itunes card is something id gift a child or teenager so they had credit for games/songs not something id give another adult.

I think i will discuss just buying for the kids in future and maybe a set amount as im a bit annoyed at the cheap broken plastic truck DS got given - i cant let him play with it cause the broken plastic is sharp.

In the past from them ive received re-gifted things (SIL is a teacher) one year i got a candle that she obviously hadnt opened the box cause inside was a childs handmade card addressed to her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    XMIL once gave me a gypsy skirt with tiny mirrors all over it.

An ex boyfriend gave me a kettle when I turned 19. I didn't drink hot drinks then.