+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    My MIL have me a box set of classic little golden books this year. Even DH is still trying to work that one out. I'm 30. No kids. Not pregnant and they don't even know we're TTC. DH said MIL asked him what childhood movies I wanted for Christmas and he said none and gave her ideas of things I wanted (a book, perfume, myer voucher so I can buy new bras etc). Was still fixated on childish things for me. *sigh*

Last year was half a dozen Disney movies ie Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty etc. All because I have some of the later ones like Toy Story, Tangled, Frozen.
    Maybe mil thought you liked kids stuff as you owned kids movies?
    (I lovvvveeee the toy story series by the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Maybe mil thought you liked kids stuff as you owned kids movies?
    (I lovvvveeee the toy story series by the way!
    I didn't have so much of an issue with the movies as I kinda got where she was coming from with those. But the golden books are more something you read to a 2-4yo. They're not exactly the kind of book I can go and pick up and read of a nighttime when I'm bored.. Or maybe I could start asking DH to read me a bedtime story lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not me but we do a secret santa every year at work and last year a work friend got a 'pin the penis on the midget' and this year she got a framed picture of her secret santa naked lying on a bed with a santa hat on.

We all had a laugh and she took it REALLY well but she was horrified and the whole thing went in the bin when she got home. She keeps saying that she'd like a gift that she could just keep one year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Not me but we do a secret santa every year at work and last year a work friend got a 'pin the penis on the midget' and this year she got a framed picture of her secret santa naked lying on a bed with a santa hat on.

We all had a laugh and she took it REALLY well but she was horrified and the whole thing went in the bin when she got home. She keeps saying that she'd like a gift that she could just keep one year.
    Where the heck do you work...?
    At my work that would lead to disciplinary action.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (07-01-2016),Meld85  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post

I'm not sure if I read this right (so sorry if I haven't!).

So did she get a framed picture of the person who gave it to her being naked?

I would've been horrified too plus there's no one at work I'd want to see naked haha. Seriously though if it happened I'm pretty sure my boss would have something to say about it & they would possibly not be there on Monday.

Your poor friend. What did everyone else say about it? Would be a bit awkward seeing the person around at work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    My MIL have me a box set of classic little golden books this year. Even DH is still trying to work that one out. I'm 30. No kids. Not pregnant and they don't even know we're TTC. DH said MIL asked him what childhood movies I wanted for Christmas and he said none and gave her ideas of things I wanted (a book, perfume, myer voucher so I can buy new bras etc). Was still fixated on childish things for me. *sigh*

Last year was half a dozen Disney movies ie Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty etc. All because I have some of the later ones like Toy Story, Tangled, Frozen.
    Maybe she's hinting at wanting grandchildren? Lol.
    Love how just because they want them they think it's ok to push 😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is it with the sanctimonious "you should never complain" posts?

I'm sure you're all quite perfect but for the rest of us, we're entitled to feel how we feel about whatever, thanks very much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    I'm not sure if I read this right (so sorry if I haven't!).

So did she get a framed picture of the person who gave it to her being naked?

I would've been horrified too plus there's no one at work I'd want to see naked haha. Seriously though if it happened I'm pretty sure my boss would have something to say about it & they would possibly not be there on Monday.

Your poor friend. What did everyone else say about it? Would be a bit awkward seeing the person around at work
    Yeah he was laying on his stomach wearing a santa hat. Not full frontal but could see his butt.
    It was definitely a joke as the guy was 20 years younger than my friend and she has a very good sense of humour but still horrible.

The funny thing was the boss laughed and I never thought she was the kind of person to laugh at something like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh and I received a $50 Coles voucher from my dad and stepmom, which we were happy with as we have a 5 month old and I'm maternity leave. Did the grocery shop a few days ago, gave the lady my gift card to be told it's not working and was then handed it back so I paid for my groceries and later looked at the card and the purchase date is December 2010!! The card was obviously a gift to them back in 2010 and has now expired. Lol ah well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahjane914 View Post
    Dh and I received a $50 Coles voucher from my dad and stepmom, which we were happy with as we have a 5 month old and I'm maternity leave. Did the grocery shop a few days ago, gave the lady my gift card to be told it's not working and was then handed it back so I paid for my groceries and later looked at the card and the purchase date is December 2010!! The card was obviously a gift to them back in 2010 and has now expired. Lol ah well
    oh dear. Are you going to tell them? Be all innocent and say "hey, I thought i should let you know that when I went to use the card there was no money on it. You might want to follow it up because otherwise its $50 wasted".

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (07-01-2016),azelqra  (07-01-2016),DT75  (08-01-2016),VicPark  (07-01-2016)