+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my mother gave my husband the same old rusted over tackle (fishing) gear which I threw out in the bin the same week she came over (she goes through my rubbish) Disgusting stingy B**ch, she has 2 houses paid off and is a lady of leisure.

Gave my son some things which I had in a bag to take to salvos which she offered to take to salvos for me to save the trip.

I tell her every year to PLEASE not get us anything !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Crap xmas presents - vent here

Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post
    my mother gave my husband the same old rusted over tackle (fishing) gear which I threw out in the bin the same week she came over (she goes through my rubbish) Disgusting stingy B**ch, she has 2 houses paid off and is a lady of leisure.

Gave my son some things which I had in a bag to take to salvos which she offered to take to salvos for me to save the trip.

That is awful. So so awful. If she didn't want to spend the money then just give nothing not rubbish you have thrown out.
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 04-01-2016 at 07:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My MIL gave my 17 month old a Soda ******....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    My SIL is like that. Always bragging about her house and car and expecting everyone buy expensive gifts for her grandkids.... then would buy our kids plastic Go-lo cars worth $3 that broke in literally 5 mins. The cheap gifts didn't especially bother me, it was the double standards that annoyed me. Last xmas did it for us. We bought really nice gifts for her grandkids and neither the SIL/BIL or their adult kids bought for ours at all.

Done-diddly-un lol
    my dh's sil is the same. she always expects expensive gifts etc yet I've never seen evidence of a nice gift she's bought anyone in return. she gets a lot of crap off her local BSS groups so I've no doubt anything she's given us has been used.

she gave us a baby gift the other day, was a 10 pack of best & less bibs which dh said he noticed was covered in crumbs (wtf), a child's book and this fluffy bunny stuffed toy. the book is ok and the bibs I can wash but the bunny looks dirty and doesn't smell very new. I'll probably not keep the bunny for that reason.

again, I don't give a sh.t about the gifts themselves or how much they cost, it's the blatant double standard that she expects nice things for herself and her kid but gives rubbish in return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My MIL have me a box set of classic little golden books this year. Even DH is still trying to work that one out. I'm 30. No kids. Not pregnant and they don't even know we're TTC. DH said MIL asked him what childhood movies I wanted for Christmas and he said none and gave her ideas of things I wanted (a book, perfume, myer voucher so I can buy new bras etc). Was still fixated on childish things for me. *sigh*

Last year was half a dozen Disney movies ie Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty etc. All because I have some of the later ones like Toy Story, Tangled, Frozen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    My DH , MIL and BIL still ring each other every year with a list of what they want each other to buy for Xmas.
    Never mind we have been a single income family struggling financially. It is still expected we buy top dollar (eg $200) gifts for both MIL and BIL and you guessed it, there is no money left for DH to buy me a $20 present.
    I'm sick to hell of it but I can't ever see it ending. I have suggested a kris kringle but MIL and BIL aren't keen because they only have DH and our kids to buy for, so don't see a problem
    so stop doing it. take the power back!

we cut out gifts to other adults ma few years ago. and we didn't have kids then! dh has a reasonably sized family here and was buying $50-$75 gifts on every aunt, uncle etc. I suggested it gets cut back to his mum and brother only which he was happy to do, and now we just buy for his mum, the oldies (grandmas) and kids. a few of the adults got their noses out of joint but they got over it.

I have only my immediate family that I buy for and they're interstate so we just do a family KK ($50 limit) and again, just buy for the kids.

it's so much easier!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (04-01-2016),KitiK  (07-01-2016),VicPark  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post

I don't get this Obviously you would have known it was stuff you threw out? If she was that tight, at least go second hand with things you didn't own! So bizarre

What did your DH say?
    Last edited by delirium; 04-01-2016 at 08:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't get this Obviously you would have known it was stuff you knew out? If she was that tight, at least go second hand with things you didn't own! So bizarre

What did your DH say?
    that kind of behaviour needs to be addressed in my opinion. it's also borderline not normal. going through people's rubbish and taking stuff to regift the following year is quite odd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    that kind of behaviour needs to be addressed in my opinion. it's also borderline not normal. going through people's rubbish and taking stuff to regift the following year is quite odd.
    Agree, it's terrible form and she needs to be called on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I thought the same about borderline not normal. I'm not sure if it may signal hoarding/OCD tendencies or she's just plain miserly.