+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My son burst into tears when he unwrapped the present my parents got him - Disney Princess lego, instead of the much more masculine "Ninjago" lego
    he wanted. Fortunately was a labelling mix up as the Disney Princess lego was for my DD.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Threekids For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (27-12-2014),snowqu33n  (27-12-2014)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    @cheekychook the salt therapy stuff makes me really cross. It's a load of waah waah nonsense that is unproven, and the use of salt therapy is contraindicated for kids with respiratory problems- from what I've read mainly from the salt therapy 'spa' type places as the salt in the air can irritate the air passages. But I personal would not use it knowing your DS has had suspected respiratory issues.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (28-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    @cheekychook the salt therapy stuff makes me really cross. It's a load of waah waah nonsense that is unproven, and the use of salt therapy is contraindicated for kids with respiratory problems- from what I've read mainly from the salt therapy 'spa' type places as the salt in the air can irritate the air passages. But I personal would not use it knowing your DS has had suspected respiratory issues.
    Thank you! I think I'll just give it to DH, he's the one who told MIL I'd like it. You're right, if there's no research proving the benefits, I won't put it in DS's room.

I don't even think it looks pretty!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My salt lamp kinda melted and left a salty wet mess all over my desk :S

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Yes those salt therapy rooms and the inhaler things you can get- very dangerous for asthmatics!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My stepmother gave me the worst presents as a kid that were from her and my dad. She is a very practical person, and doesn't believe in 'dust collectors' or 'wasted money'. My gifts include at age 9, an electric toothbrush. At age 12 I got some shampoo, conditioner, soap and toothpaste. At age 14 I was starting to gain a small amount of weight and therefore was presented with bathroom scales for christmas. I was sharing a room with my brother at one point and so for christmas I was allowed to move into the spare room. Her time spent moving my clothes was my christmas present.

I, consequentially, put a LOT of time and thought into christmas presents. Often this results in me spending too much money on people who don't deserve it.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    my Gran (bless her kind soul) loved travel. She wanted her grandchildren to share her love, so decided that she would take us on a trip each.

She was relatively young, and fairly spritely at that point, so started with me (I was the 3rd child of 4) as my age was right for still being considered a child - so fir christmas, I got a trip to New Zealand with her .... and my sisters each got a toothbrush and soap holder

The following year, she wasnt feeling so great (had some health issues in between) so she decided to send my 2 older sisters on a youth camp trip to Cairns (from country WA) .. and me and my younger sister got soap.

Sadly for the younger sister ... she never got a trip ... but we all did develop Gran's love of travel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't really get anything this year from family this year.
    But my FIL still is the winner for worst Christmas present ever. I received a tin of tim tams. Half of them gone and the rest stale. Still smiled and thanked the crap out of him how ever. :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    I didn't really get anything this year from family this year.
    But my FIL still is the winner for worst Christmas present ever. I received a tin of tim tams. Half of them gone and the rest stale. Still smiled and thanked the crap out of him how ever. :P
    This reminds me of a time I went to hubby's great aunts for dinner one day. We were travelling interstate and the car was filled up with crap, running late because we got lost... We knew we had a stash of wine in the car so we grabbed it as a gift for the host. Realised as we were giving to to dear great aunt Gladys (80+ years) that it was half empty.

This was more a sign of hubby and I being busy/stressed/hopeless numpties and not the fact that we didn't appreciate great Aunt Gladys and the dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    My MIL gave me a Himalayan salt lamp...

Attachment 65019

Hopefully it will create enough negative ions to eliminate all the bad things in my house... 😏and it's helping air pollution... Awesome! 😳

LOL! Do these actually work?! I'm overly sceptical, obviously.

The look in my face when I opened it would have been priceless.
    How great is the registered name? "saltylicious". Mmm mmm mmm.

Just picturing Eddy Murphy saying it.