+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We did kris kringle this year and it worked a treat. Only 1 present, $50 limit and whoever you got nominated a couple of things they would like. Everyone got exactly what they wanted and nobody felt they had to spend extravagantly. Kids were excluded. Compared to previous years it was so much better and felt more purposeful. I'm definitely going to be introducing it whenever I host.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silentrockfaery View Post
    A 1960's beauty book with the $0.60 price tag still on it.
    That would be awesome! I just paid $40 for a vintage repro beauty book and I bet the real thing would be better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok, so fil has just had to fix 2 toy cars that him and mil gave the kids for Easter. They then thought they would give them another 2 for Christmas, slightly different but hand made by the same person. Wouldn't you think to check to see if they were going to break in exactly the same way? Apparently not. One was broken within 5 minutes of playing with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    My dad is the worst at gifts for my kids. This year, he asked me to email gift suggestions. I found 4 gifts he could buy online all from the same place.

The week before Christmas, knowing I had gone on holidays and wasn't coming back til Xmas eve, he replied with: Too hard. Put money in your account. You get them. Please have them wrapped and bring them over for Xmas eve dinner so I can give them to the kids.

I was NOT impressed!
    Wtf???? So be can take all the credit???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodes35 View Post

She got my DF a pair of nose hair clippers, I nearly wet myself!
    Oh that's just hilarious! I joked to DH just before Xmas that I should get him a nose and ear hair trimmer (after spotting one little hair starting to grow near his ear)! I didn't, but gee I wish I had

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My MIL gave me a Himalayan salt lamp...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1419641198.138805.jpg

Hopefully it will create enough negative ions to eliminate all the bad things in my house... 😏and it's helping air pollution... Awesome! 😳

LOL! Do these actually work?! I'm overly sceptical, obviously.

The look in my face when I opened it would have been priceless.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    My MIL gave me a Himalayan salt lamp...

Attachment 65019

Hopefully it will create enough negative ions to eliminate all the bad things in my house... 😏and it's helping air pollution... Awesome! 😳

LOL! Do these actually work?! I'm overly sceptical, obviously.

The look in my face when I opened it would have been priceless.
    Ooh i actually want one of these!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Crap xmas presents - vent here

Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    We have one in the kids bedroom as one of my kids has a post nasal drip that causes her to clear her throat all the time and makes it hard for her to go to sleep. Her other option was to go on a steroid based nasal spray, and as steroids make her extremely violent I was not prepared to do this. So we got one of these and she no longer has a post nasal drip keeping her up at night....so yeah, I'd be pretty happy if we got one.
    Fascinating. Maybe I'll try it in my DS's room. He has a lot of colds and congestion, maybe it will help?

I had never heard of them!! I'm open to it if it works!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So my grandparents (grandma in particular) are very well meaning, but sometimes their gifts are a little, well, odd. For example

My 13th birthday they gave me an electric toothbrush. The same year for xmas they gave me a pedistal fan.

This year, they gave dh a birthday present... and then gave me a present as well. It was matching jewellery boxes. They are made of glass with peackocks all over them. Dont get me wrong, they are gorgeous and the thought was much appreciated, but a) in no way was it masculine at all and b) dh doesnt even own a wedding ring let alone any other jewellery. Grandma made the comment "they can sit on your bedside tables"... we all had a good laugh when i pointed out I will have to actually buy some bedside tables first lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My crappiest gift is the nothing my DP has given me after hinting that he was considering getting me a handraised bird that i really want. Apparently he is now off to buy me a bunnings gift voucher since he now doesnt want to get the bird. Wish i had the money to buy the damm bird myself but i spent it all buying all of christmas for the step sons and our DD. Poo to him.