+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Crap xmas presents - vent here

Haha I got edible undies from a girlfriend (she owns a naughty franchise store!) Not quite sure how to react to that but was funny!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

Kimmmm  (07-01-2016),MonsterMummy  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LysnDan View Post
    Haha I got edible undies from a girlfriend (she owns a naughty franchise store!) Not quite sure how to react to that but was funny!!
    Haha I got an edible bra and undies set for my 21st from my bestie as a gag

Mil bought me and DH some melamine cups with parrots on them this year. DH just said "what an odd gift, what are these for?" Drinks, I suppose, DH. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Every year I get the same things from my in laws, bath lotions or candles. It's not that I don't like the gifts, it's the thought that counts and I appreciate being involved when they are all opening presents, especially for such a big family but it's the 3rd year I have attended and I always think of those types of gifts as what you give when you don't know the person well and aren't sure what they like. I do like candles so I will give them that but I don't know, I have big conversations at length with them and feel we are quite close, I thought maybe this year the gift would be a little more personal? I'm hoping that makes sense.

I know I'm being petty though and I genuinely will use them!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    With this logic it's in poor taste to post about anything then. Having issues with your parents? It's in poor taste to those who have lost a parent this year. Just be thankful they're still alive. Having a vent about a pretty pointless argument with your other half? It's in poor taste to those living in, or escaping from a abusive relationship. Having a vent about your baby not sleeping, or being unsettled? Such poor taste to those with fertility issues.
    I don't know VP...if people can't just make a passing comment, or have a light hearted vent without having their motives questioned because you think it's in poor taste then perhaps it's time for you to take a break from the forum. You may as well shut down all parenting forums because absolutely everything on here could be seen in poor taste to some one else if you want to get right in to it. If you find this all so distasteful then don't be a keyboard warrior, go and be proactive in your life to help those less fortunate. Quite frankly people don't have to give their life story to justify their light hearted vent. Don't like it, don't read it. It's pretty simple really.
    In my haste to respond to what I perceived to be a less than friendly post I obviously didn't do a good job explaining what my real thought were. I'm not primarily concerned with how people not directly involved with a post might react (although that is still a secondary concern). I'm more concerned with degree/proportionality of perceived unfairness/bias/unreasonableness/taste in a post. I did perceive a fair few posts in this thread to be pretty unreasonable and not nice towards the gift givers. Does it make the poster a really bad person? No, not necessarily. I quite like many of the posters in this thread including yourself, so I tried to be polite in suggesting that people think a bit about where the gift giver was coming from (yes I do think I was polite at the beginning. This cactus didn't show her prickles until legs were cocked and leaks takenImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1419591007.371245.jpg).

I really am sorry you are hurt that I think you were out of line expecting a replacement gift for the one your daughter didn't like. That was not my intention. I suppose I was hoping that by thinking about where the gift giver was coming from, things may improve for you.

That being said I stand by what I said. I don't think having an opinion on people being unfair means that I need to take a break from the forum. People have opinions and disagree on here all the time.

I usually will skip over vents that I disagree with (people are allowed to vent and all) however I didn't with this one as it reached a threshold of perceived unfairness that I thought crossed a line. I don't think titling a thread 'vent' is free reign to say whatever you want without people disagreeing ( If it was I would have created a thread called "vent: mass murderers are bad" - then I would have not been flamed for calling the Cairns mum what I did).

I hope I have done a better job at not being personal (attacking etc) in this post as that is not my intention and I would hate for Nomsie to have to come in here and sort it all out (public holiday and all).
    Last edited by VicPark; 26-12-2014 at 21:25.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (27-12-2014),Mamasupial  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I just remembered the relative that gave my DS regifted markers this year (with the open pack sticky-taped together) gave us re-gifted chocolates last year. I could tell because they were out of date. I am not cranky at her though. She has hit rough financial times (looking after people who are not her own immediate family) but she has previously lived a life of opulence so feels the need to keep appearances up. For some reason I quite like her.
    Last edited by VicPark; 26-12-2014 at 21:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL gave me a recipe book with the title 'How to Cook'.. She assures me she bought it because it has good recipes in it... Made me laugh and I paid her out for it all day!

She got my DF a pair of nose hair clippers, I nearly wet myself!

I must point out, these gifts were among the trillions of other gifts they got us. They go completely overboard and I swear they sit at home with the credit card watching Infomercials all day! God love them!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodes35 For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Crap xmas presents - vent here

Quote Originally Posted by LysnDan View Post
    Hahahahahah please tell me you got to open it infront of the whole family!!
    I was spoilt this year! but I remember one year my nan got my mum (her MIL) a see through Sportsgirl dress that was short and meant for young women to wear a colourful bandeau/bikini under for festivals kind of thing. My mum was 45 and isnt a swimming let alone bikini type - and even if she was it was very inappropriate for her.
    The same year I was 13/14 and she got me a pumpkin patch bright yellow dress with a huge tulle skirt in a size 8. (I am not petite.) which was not my style at all... And something that would've fit me when I was maybe 7?
    Not that I was i ungrateful, being 13 I was more like, did she send me this by accident???
    Last edited by CodieBloom; 03-02-2015 at 22:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaymc View Post
    Hahahahahah please tell me you got to open it infront of the whole family!!
    Haha yes!!! It was pretty embarrassing! The last time I'll ever do family and friend joint Chrissy party lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dad is the worst at gifts for my kids. This year, he asked me to email gift suggestions. I found 4 gifts he could buy online all from the same place.

The week before Christmas, knowing I had gone on holidays and wasn't coming back til Xmas eve, he replied with: Too hard. Put money in your account. You get them. Please have them wrapped and bring them over for Xmas eve dinner so I can give them to the kids.

I was NOT impressed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad got my dp s book on Audis. He (sadly) doesn't own one, never has, never will, and doesn't really like them.
    Dad's reason was that dp has a red wrx so he thought it would do.
    Poor dp bombed out in present getting again. My family never bother trying with our partners. Last year mum got him a brown wallet, with ink stains on ot.
    Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app