+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    MIL has out gifted herself this year. This isn't so much crappy as downright bizarre.

A saw. A small rusty saw wrapped in brown paper - with the blade (did I mention rusty?) poking through the paper.

For my 2 year old DS.

To be fair there was a label saying that it was for use under DH's guidance. But seriously, WTF are either of them going to do with a FREAKING RUSTY SAW?
    This made me laugh. What the hell???

I do agree that we should all be thankful for what we receive. I often tell my kids there are people starving to death in the world and how lucky we are. I haven't contributed but my mother is a present shocker. It's not even about how much or little she spends. It's always these totally random gifts that don't suit any of us or our personalities. It hurts bc I realise she a) doesn't even know who I am and what I'm into b) doesn't really care to know. But then it's really just a symptom of our relationship.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I was actually going to come on and spill the beans about a terrible Aunt who regifted this year to my DS1 (again... The marker packet had been opened and sticky taped back together). Then I thought against it. There are more important things going on in this world. A friends young bub is about to have major surgery soon for starters.

Yes I came in here and responded to several posts. Even though it's a supposed "light hearted vent" thread it's in really poor taste considering how some people are doing it tough. Yes I am on my high horse, it's not hard when the bar is set so low. The large number of whinging, entitled, jumping to conclusion, precious princess posts in this thread makes me want to vomit. I'm making out like people are ungrateful because they are!

Thanks for inviting me back into this thread to say what I really think. I feel much better now xxx

Bag Humbug!
    Time and again on this forum I've seen you asked to please leave vent threads after you've come in and attacked people. I've seen you then go on the defensive and say that they should be titled as vent threads. Well, this one is... yet here you are again.

I won't deny that you have some valid points. But this is not the thread for them.

I very much agree with your ethos of living life by taking ownership of your choices, taking responsibility for your situation in life, and showing gratitude for what you have. And I try to encourage others to live that way too. But therin lies the difference - I encourage, whereas you seem to attack and manipulate (guilt tripping) to try to get others to think like you. All that does is p!ss people off and make you come across as self-righteous.

You always tell people that they should reflect more on themselves and their actions. Perhaps now is a time for you to do the same? Perhaps question your real motives for being in this thread and whether you think you achieved your desired outcome?

This is a vent thread, people came on here to vent, as they're too polite and kind to do it in real life. They didn't come here to be attacked and manipulated with guilt trips.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-12-2014),Bond Girl  (26-12-2014),CookingMonster  (26-12-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (26-12-2014),Happymum2  (26-12-2014),HeavenBlue  (29-12-2014),JessiW  (26-12-2014),Kimmmm  (07-01-2016),LaDiDah  (26-12-2014),Lissymama  (26-12-2014),LysnDan  (26-12-2014),misskittyfantastico  (26-12-2014),mrsboyts  (26-12-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-12-2014),sarahjane914  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
    Time and again on this forum I've seen you asked to please leave vent threads after you've come in and attacked people. I've seen you then go on the defensive and say that they should be titled as vent threads. Well, this one is... yet here you are again.

I won't deny that you have some valid points. But this is not the thread for them.

I very much agree with your ethos of living life by taking ownership of your choices, taking responsibility for your situation in life, and showing gratitude for what you have. And I try to encourage others to live that way too. But therin lies the difference - I encourage, whereas you seem to attack and manipulate (guilt tripping) to try to get others to think like you. All that does is p!ss people off and make you come across as self-righteous.

You always tell people that they should reflect more on themselves and their actions. Perhaps now is a time for you to do the same? Perhaps question your real motives for being in this thread and whether you think you achieved your desired outcome?

This is a vent thread, people came on here to vent, as they're too polite and kind to do it in real life. They didn't come here to be attacked and manipulated with guilt trips.
    Some fair points about the vent thread.
    I feel the need to add that I have also seen time and time again hubbers claiming that having a thread in a certain section (eg pro controlled crying) or titled a certain way doesn't mean posters are immune from being called out on unreasonable or distasteful posts. And yes I consider some of the posts in this thread to be pretty bad. Seriously, if people can't handle a little scrutiny on such things then they shouldn't be online.

Am I being a manipulator? Or could I be (poorly perhaps?) initially watering down my posts (self regulating), trying to get a point across without personally attacking posters (which is against the rules of BH)- which is perhaps something you could learn from? If people then get nasty and 'invite' me to expand, then yes I will offer some brutally honest clarification.
    Last edited by VicPark; 26-12-2014 at 10:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the need to add that I have also seen time and time again hubbers claiming that having a thread in a certain section (eg pro controlled crying) or titled a certain way doesn't mean posters are immune from being called out on unreasonable or distasteful posts. And yes I consider some of the posts in this thread to be pretty bad. Seriously, if people can't handle a little scrutiny on such things then they shouldn't be online.

Am I being a manipulator? Or could I be (poorly perhaps?) watering down my posts (self regulating), trying to get a point across without personally attacking posters (which is against the rules of BH)- which is perhaps something you could learn from?
    I'm sorry if you took it as a personal attack VP, it really wasn't intended to be. More of a gentle reminder of what this thread was supposed to be and an encouragement to reflect on whether your posts were appropriate for it (and other threads in the past). But it's hard not to single you out on this thread... I really enjoy and appreciate a lot of your posts usually.

I was just really confused by your post though. I mean you had a good old vent about everyone on this thread, then said that it made you feel better to have a vent about it... But that was just after you had attacked others for doing the same - having a vent. Honestly, I'm confused by that?

Thanks
    Reviews

Am I being a manipulator? Or could I be (poorly perhaps?) initially watering down my posts (self regulating), trying to get a point across without personally attacking posters (which is against the rules of BH)- which is perhaps something you could learn from? If people then get nasty and 'invite' me to expand, then yes I will offer some brutally honest clarification.
    To be completely honest you are bordering on 'keyboard warrior'. No one is being nasty on this thread, just venting. I find it extremely impossible to believe that you have never said a bad word about anyone in your life so you really do need to get off your self built pedestal. Reality is that we are all human and entitled to get frustrated over what in the end is only trivial things. We all obviously know that there are more important things in life but that's not what this lighthearted thread was about. If you don't like what this thread is about then why post on it at all? Seems maybe you either have nothing better to do or you feel it's somehow your job to make people view things through your perspective.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JessiW For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This fighting hurts my already depressed heart...its Christmas time! Smile and focus on your beautiful families you are surrounded by! Some people are doing it tough but that doesn't mean you cant have a whinge either. I have to admit this thread upset me a bit last night...i would have given anything to have a family member to even talk to on Christmas day let alone cook for me or buy for me.

VP is entitled to her opinion just as everyone is entitled to theirs. Just let it go. Its not the time of year for it.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (26-12-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (26-12-2014),HearMeRoar  (26-12-2014),Mamasupial  (26-12-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (27-12-2014),Radio  (26-12-2014),SuperGranny  (29-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Am I missing something? Maybe some posts aren't showing on my phone or something because all I saw was VP post "how much" and she got jumped on? The whole thing seems really odd to me. Yes I saw the vent after but it seemed like an innocent question to start with?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (26-12-2014),DizzyDaisy  (26-12-2014),HearMeRoar  (26-12-2014),heplusme  (26-12-2014),VicPark  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    This fighting hurts my already depressed heart...its Christmas time! Smile and focus on your beautiful families you are surrounded by! Some people are doing it tough but that doesn't mean you cant have a whinge either. I have to admit this thread upset me a bit last night...i would have given anything to have a family member to even talk to on Christmas day let alone cook for me or buy for me.

VP is entitled to her opinion just as everyone is entitled to theirs. Just let it go. Its not the time of year for it.
    Sorry brooketobub Feeling lonely is the worst, but even more so at Christmas time. I hope the next year brings you much love and joy and that next Christmas is a happy and special one for you x

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (26-12-2014),CookingMonster  (26-12-2014),SuperGranny  (29-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiW View Post
    To be completely honest you are bordering on 'keyboard warrior'. No one is being nasty on this thread, just venting. I find it extremely impossible to believe that you have never said a bad word about anyone in your life so you really do need to get off your self built pedestal. Reality is that we are all human and entitled to get frustrated over what in the end is only trivial things. We all obviously know that there are more important things in life but that's not what this lighthearted thread was about. If you don't like what this thread is about then why post on it at all? Seems maybe you either have nothing better to do or you feel it's somehow your job to make people view things through your perspective.
    I have nothing better to do? You're probably right. I, like the other posters in this thread (yourself included) have nothing better to do so are commenting in a light hearted vent thread. I tried to make my initial posts quite polite, as I really didn't want to offend.

Let's just agree to disagree without getting personal - you are not going to change my view that I find this thread a tad distasteful. That is my opinion, I stand by it and to the best of my knowledge I am not breaking any federal laws (or bub hub rules) by saying that.

I am happy to bow out of this thread unless someone invites me back in.
    Last edited by VicPark; 26-12-2014 at 11:08.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (27-12-2014),Lillynix  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Am I missing something? Maybe some posts aren't showing on my phone or something because all I saw was VP post "how much" and she got jumped on? The whole thing seems really odd to me. Yes I saw the vent after but it seemed like an innocent question to start with?
    I think you may be missing some posts. If you're on your phone that may be why. My phone keeps missing posts for some reason?

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app