+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes both do, they are 5 and 8. Mainly only cereal but the 8yo is learning to make toast but still waits for us to supervise him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 5 and I have never let her get her own breakfast. I'm sure she can and I no she wants to but my mornings are rushed enough as it without having to clean up her. Sounds like it's time for me to start letting her be a bit more independent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep mine do and have done for a little while. They are 15,13,11. They make eggs and toast cereal and even coffee now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They make their own choc milk and can get cereal (6 and 9yo) but look out if I ask my 9yo to sort out his own toast!!Its like I ask him to bake his own bread! he can get out toaster,put bread in but heaven forbid actually putting a spread on his toast!! even my 6yo could do it!!!
    ETA He will willing make me a coffee....no drama.But toast?!!? NO!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Miss 2.5 yo likes to make cereal for her and her brother aged 7 so I put 2 cups of milk in the fridge at night and in the morning she will get out 2 weetbix each, put them in bowls, get spoons and pour the milk from each cup into the bowls. If she spills anything she will get a wet wipe and clean it up. Dd will also help prep the eggs when I make scrambled eggs or beat the pancake mix on weekends and put peanut butter on her toast. Ds likes his sister making his breakfast and he will help her get dressed, do her teeth or prep her drink bottle for daycare. I don't let either of them make toast but probably would if ds wasn't so frightened of being burnt!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

MrsIsMe  (27-12-2014)