+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH works full time and I part time. His job earns the lion share of our family income so any sick/carers or unpaid leave I have to take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    DH and I both work four days a week. We have no family support and just take sick days in turn. We are lucky though- I get 22 days a year which accumulate (I have 110 'owing' to me) and I think DH gets 18 days a year which also accumulate.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We both work full time & study.

With the kids being sick we try to take it turn about but that doesn't always occur.

In regard to everything we juggle (housework etc) it's a fact of get in & do it. There are no gender specified roles, we both do everything!

No family or friends support either so we've always got our skates on 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a sole parent and I work four days a week. DD goes to Kindy three days a week, my mum takes care of her one day a week. This year I used almost all of my sick days on DD.
    There's no one else to take her when she's sick. My dad works full time and my mum works the days DD's at kindy.

I don't really do anything, unless I can take DD with me. I haven't been to the movies in two years. My parents will sometimes look after dd overnight so I can go out with friends, but I don't like to ask because they make out like their lives revolve around me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We'll both be full time (at new jobs, no leave accrued) next year for the first time since having kids.

When it was just DD I worked 4 days while DH ran his own business 7 days PW. I used up all my leave as DD had recurrent tonsillitis and ear infections until her tonsillectomy. I had to take some says unpaid but my boss never gave me any grief over days off. DH generally couldn't take time off and we had no family support.

We now have possible family support on 2 weekdays but I'd rather not dump sick kids on them as it might make them or their kids sick. If DH ends up subbing, I imagine it will be me taking leave until it runs out, then him. DS had so many days of sick this year and I was only working casual 2 days PW, I dread to think how bad it will be once he's in daycare full time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Families with 2 working parents

We both work full time. No help from families as we have none here, no help from friends as they all work full time too. We have managed with sick leave so far, 20 days a year is a lot.

If we need to, we'd take unpaid leave or annual leave.
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 22-12-2014 at 22:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My work are flexible, they'll allow me to work from home when my kids are sick, although I only do so on days they're in my care.

Their dad has to take sick days to care for them on his days with them.

Apparently this makes me selfish, but I've got career goals and am well aware that while my work is happy to accommodate my family commitments, they won't so eagerly promote someone who seems to always be home with her kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm a single working parent and just this year I had 4 unpaid days because I used up all my duck leave in my two boys.