+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll tell you - you're just being paranoid. None of my children crawled on hands and knees until they were 12 months old. They commando crawled and got up and rocked for MONTHS before they crawled. Two of them walked at 18 months. Sitting up happened at around 8 months, and from memory they couldn't just sit for hours, they would topple after 20 minutes or so.

It sounds like your baby is just fine. I used to mention what my babies were up to in their milestones at doctor's appointments and not once was my doctor concerned. There is an age range for milestones for a reason. So when it says crawling 6-12 months (or whatever it says) that means some babies will crawl at 6 months, some will crawl at 12 months and it is all normal. Please stop stressing. My kids are all school aged now and they are all fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meanwhile my autistic nephew nailed all his milestones early

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I really appreciate the responses. Having a very bad day today. We had very good friends of ours stay over last night and they brought there 5 month old baby with them. He was an absolute angel and so so different to my boy. He drank full bottles and held them himself which mine never does he cluster feeds and refuses to hold his bottle. There little boy just laid on the floor and didn't make a peep while mine cried and winged the whole time. There little boy slept all night and work up chatting to himself. Mine wakes through the night and in the morning he cries. It just makes you feel like your not doing a good job when your around a baby that's so easy. To top it all off my baby has a cold for Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry your bub has a cold for Christmas, poor poppet

As for your friend's baby, I think he's well and truly the exception to the rule! My DS is 17 months and only just started holding his bottle! And a LOT babies at that age cluster feed and don't sleep through. I'd say his parents are just lucky, not that they've discovered some parenting hack that tames baby behaviour!

DS was always frustrated before he could move, so was always (ALWAYS!) whinging and crying. It took him months of looking like he was getting ready to crawl, then when he finally did it, the frustration started all over again as he tried to walk - cue serval more months of frustrated whinging!

Some kids are placid and easy going, some kids are alert and eager, some kids are good sleepers/eaters, and some aren't. And all kids will do things in their own way and their own time. I really think it's mostly down to nature, and not nurture, and there's little you can do to change it, just to manage it instead. You're not doing anything wrong at all. You sound like a wonderfully caring mother, that shows through in the concern you have for your bub.

I know it's hard not to, but try not to compare. Easier said than done, but just embrace your bub for who they are. They'll get there in their own time x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me I'm just being paranoid.

My dd is nearly 9 months and only sits for 3 mins. She doesn't crawl yet either. I agree with pp, it's too early to start worrying about anything
    She has said 'up' and 'bubba' for a while but only started saying dada 3 days ago. She says it all day!!!!!
    Last edited by Kazza78; 24-12-2014 at 18:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My LO didn't start crawling until the end of 10 months.
    She has only started her mama, baba etc now in her 13 month.
    Don't stress. You bub sounds perfectly normal. They all develop at their own rates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs... Lets keep that super baby from visiting again shall we? Seriously who needs that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (24-12-2014)