+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me I'm just being paranoid.

It should be a happy time of year. It's my babies first Christmas and I'm super excited but at the same time I'm so worried and anxious about my baby not hitting milestones. He is 8.5 months old and has just started sitting but he still falls back or sideways. He sits a good 20mins or so then topples. All ther babies his age are sitting perfectly. He has been up on all fours for a good 6 weeks but doesn't yet crawl just rocks and falls. He only says baba and gaga. He has no teeth ( I know that's not a milestone) I just feel like he's doing everything late and find myself looking up all sorts of scary things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's hard, but I wouldn't worry at this stage. Your baby sounds pretty normal to me. Sitting for 20 minutes is good! My DD didn't crawl until she was 10 months and didn't really say much more than Mama or Dada at 8.5 months either. She is now 20 months and she says sell over a hundred words plus sentences (she never stops talking!). She also walks, runs, climbs etc without any problems. Babies all develop at their own pace. I know how hard it is when you compare your baby to others (all the babies in my Mother's Group rolled over months before my DD!). But I think it is way to early to worry.

And certainly don't worry about no teeth! Some babies don't get their first teeth until they are well over 1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds perfectly normal to me Just relax and enjoy his first Christmas! It you're still worried at 12 months, just bring it up with the gp when he gets his checkup.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    That sounds well within the normal spectrum to me. It's a huge learning curve how to balance when sitting.

I always had an expectation that babies would spend a good few months crawling but both of mine only crawled for about a month or even less before they walked at 12 months. I have a vivid memory of watching DS figure out how to crawl . He was on all fours and was figuring out which arm and leg to coordinate so he wouldn't topple over. It was very cute to watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sounds normal to me too. worst thing you can do is compare babies. they do everything in their own time. my daughter never crawled, just shuffled on her bum. at 15 months then decided to walk. my sons also didn't walk until 16 & 18 months.. and they have all turned out ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All sounds pretty normal to me. All babies are different and develop at different times. As pp said if you're still concerned at 12 months have a chat to your gp. Enjoy his 1st Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I've had four kids and they all reached their milestones at different ages or stages. Not meaning to sound like a know-it-all because even with my fourth I'm still learning ( every baby is different after all), but try and relax. As others have said he sounds pretty normal. Some babies do things more quickly than others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD just learnt to sit and crawl around 9 months. I don't think she's delayed. All in their own time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 kids - my middle baby has a genetic disorder which meant delays for her, but even with that in mind -- all babies are different and will meet their milestones when they're meant to. I refuse to compare any of my kids because there's no rule for it, just guides

Enjoy your Christmas with your bub x

Wait and see how things are at 12 and 18 months, ALOT can happen in 3-9 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My DS is exactly the same age. Whilst he sits well, he doesn't get up on all fours (or even close) nor does he say a single word. My point is I think both our kids are normal and I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm certainly not worried about my DS. Enjoy your Christmas, there's plenty of time yet.