+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nobody told me it would be like this....

8 months ago my amazing and supportive doctor diagnosed me with severe PTSD & high anxiety. Lately it seems to be getting worse. I have the shortest fuse, anything can set me off. I feel like if I am not in control everything will fall apart. Panic attacks are becoming more frequent and I have started having sleep paralysis again.
    I just feel like I am at a total loss on everything. I can't seem to "shake" myself out of this and I just dont know...

I just want to run away and not have to deal. If I am on my own I am in control and don't have to worry about anyone else. But of course that is not me, I cant do that.

Why don't people understand why do they not get it?! Why do they brush it off as "all being in my head"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds extremely difficult, I've had some anxiety issues in the past so I know how hard it can be.
    Easier said then done but just try not to focus on the people who are dismissive and not supportive.
    Are you getting help, seeing a therapist? Medication?
    Hope things start getting easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry you are feeling like this. I think there are people who can relate to your feelings but are afraid of admitting it unfortunately. I personally felt weak for admitting I had anxiety. I'm not sure why. Stigma I guess.
    Are you seeing anyone? Like a psychologist? Are you on medication? Please go back to your doctor. You should not have to feel like this.
    Massive hugs. Please seek help and tell your partner/best friend/mum how you are feeling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doctor has me on some pills but they make me heaps sleepy so I stopped taking them months ago. I have been so busy with work and home that I haven't had a chance to go back to my Doc.

I think I need to see a psychologist, it would help to talk to someone that can help me understand or even just get it off my chest.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TTC1morepink For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing someone will be great do that for yourself as soon as you can.
    You should really try to go back and get some medication that suites you, the right meds at the right dosage won't make you sleepy or feel drugged, it will make life easier.
    It isn't something you have to take forever. Good luck!