+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found 2 and 3 a breeze. Four on the other hand........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The part that got me was "absolute mother's dream"!

I don't doubt there are some lovely placid 3 year olds around, but I dare say the majority of parents will tell you it's a very *ahem* challenging age. I especially noticed this shortly after DS turned 3 - suddenly it was on like donkey kong :/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (21-12-2014),WiseOldOwl  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How about

"Expect him/her to come when asked, put away toys when asked (usually), and generally want to please"

HAHAHAHAAAAAA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At 3 and a half DS learnt he could say 'no' when told to do something, that being compliant wasn't a must,
    that made things interesting.
    Then he started a childcare, where he learns some great new stuff, like he gives us a raspberry every time we say something that he doesn't like, EVERY TIME!!
    He'll be 4 in 3mths so the dream child better show up soon!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I'm personally ignoring all of your comments and taking what Dr Sears says as gospel to get me through the next 2.5 months until DD is 3 and turns into the dream child he speaks of! 😁
    I am finding the article to be spot on. I found the 2's a big pain in the ****. Just before 3 my boy went through a development phase and his speech improved greatly. At that time his behavior did too... Although I had to do a bit of reading and fine tune how hubby and I managed him. The choices thing the article mentions is so true... My boy will refuse to go to the toilet if I ask him. However if I say "would you like to do a big wee or a little wee" he will chose one and then go without any protest... It's a matter of outsmarting them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS is 3 next month. Compliant no, defiant , strong willed and able to speak his mind, yes.

Maybe something magic will happen for us in Jsnuary... Not holding my breath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I am finding the article to be spot on. I found the 2's a big pain in the ****. Just before 3 my boy went through a development phase and his speech improved greatly. At that time his behavior did too... Although I had to do a bit of reading and fine tune how hubby and I managed him. The choices thing the article mentions is so true... My boy will refuse to go to the toilet if I ask him. However if I say "would you like to do a big wee or a little wee" he will chose one and then go without any protest... It's a matter of outsmarting them!
    I agree with giving choices, that definitely helps us. Here are your options - you choose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad to read this is all normal. I was thinking tonight in the shower that I need to look on BH to see if there are threads on 3 year olds.
    DD was 3 in September and within the last week she has all of a sudden become a terror. She won't listen, discipline no longer scares her and the backchat, my goodness. Hanging out for age 4.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DD was a nightmare at 3, 2 has nothing on 3 in our case. Now that she's 4.5 she's so much better!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (21-12-2014)