+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The sleepy sillies

Anyone's babies get the sleepy sillies? What did you do to calm them down?

I cant seem to get ds to settle down when its sleep time, he just gets really really silly until he starts screaming.

The sillies can last for ages & I cant calm him down. I cant make his bedroom very dark because the blinds & curtains have to be open part of the way so the exhaust for the portable air conditioner can go out of the window.

Ive tried settling him in another room (really dark) but when I carried him through to his room he started being silly again.

Everything seems to amuse/stimulate him when hes like that, he laughs at the ceiling fan, the blinds etc.

And yes I know I nedd help with sleep, im going to sleep school but not till next year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Good to hear you got into sleep school...

The best thing I've found is to not put bub down too late and to not make a fuss if they are wide awake and smiling when you put them down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make sure I just act calm & quiet (quiet talking, singing etc) when Im settling him & make sure he cant see my face (ie I hold him on my lap facing away from me) but he still does it.

MeredithGrey ds's latest sleep thing is that he will not go to sleep unless I rock him to sleep in the rocking chair then hold him (or occasionally I can transfer him). The rocking chair wont fit in the really dark room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default The sleepy sillies

Can you make the darker room the nursery?

How long do you currently keep him awake at the moment? He's 5 months old right?
    Last edited by A-Squared; 20-12-2014 at 14:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    The darker room is only darker cause we can close the blinds & curtains the whole way unlike in his room. We need the portable air conditioner but the trade off is that his blinds/curtains cant be closed the whole way.

I keep him awake about 2 hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it was a thing my DD had to outgrow a bit.. couldn't put her down without her playing about the cot and it developing into overtiredness. Two things that really helped us though were:
    -taking down all the distractions. as lovely as the nursery decorations are they were keeping her a little too amused. and
    - developing really strong sleep associations. The lights go off, the fan goes on, she goes in her sleeping bag and the dummy goes in. I never stray from that routine and now as soon as she's in her sleeping bag she begins to quiet down. It did take a while to develop this though.
    Good luck x