+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newly pregnant on Sunshine Coast & looking for OB and advice!

Hi there,

I've just found out I'm pregnant (I'm only 5 weeks, so it's early days) with my first child, and was wondering if anyone had any OB's they could recommend on the Sunshine Coast? I live in Caloundra.

Has anybody had experience with Dr. Kelvin Larwood?

Also, has anyone had recent experience delivering at Nambour Public Hospital? I've read some shocking reviews but they are mostly from 5+ years ago.

Unfortunately I don't have private health insurance that will cover the pregnancy so I'm trying to avoid exorbitant costs, while at the same time getting the best level of care and support I can.

Thank you in advance!

Jas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations!

I had my first baby at Nambour public, but was under the care of my private ob. I had a c section due to medical issues so can't comment on the birthing suites, but the midwives in maternity were lovely. So helpful & supportive and answered all my new mum questions.

Second time round I got to have bub at the Sunshine Coast private hospital at Buderim. My ob was Kylie Isaacs again but she went on Maternity leave part way through my pregnancy. Kelvin Larwood looked after her patients. He was lovely. He delivered my 2nd bub (another c section). I cannot fault his care during my pregnancy or for the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Feel free to message me if you have any questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much, summastarlet - it's great to have this feedback! I will certainly message you with any additional questions too, very kind of you to offer.

And thank you for these suggestions meredithgray, I will certainly look into these midwifery groups, it looks like a good option. Wow there is so much to learn!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JasC For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (21-12-2014)